Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Time Magazine cover

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:25 PM
  • 14 Replies

DETROIT -

The cover of the latest issue of Time magazine is sure to turn heads and draw gasps from readers.

It shows a three-year old boy sucking on his mother's breast while standing on a chair.

The image accompanies an article about "attachment parenting". It is an approach whereby parents breastfeed and co-sleep with their children, in addition to wearing their children in slings.

Jamie Lynne Grumet, the woman featured on the cover with her son, is a real mother who subscribes to the philosophy. Photographer Martin Schoeller shot her and three other mothers breastfeeding their children.

"When you think of breast-feeding, you think of mothers holding their children, which was impossible with some of these older kids," Scholler said. "I liked the idea of having the kids standing up to underline the point that this was an uncommon situation."

Article from our local news station.

by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on May. 10, 2012 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for them!

We practice attatched parenting in our household as well, people should know more about it.

gmadiane
by Diane on May. 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I would not touch this issue with a ten foot pole, lol, live and let live I say

ticklesurpickle
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I, I don't know. I am all for attachment parenting, but I would not still be brestfeeding my 3 year old. I am NOT knocking anyone that choices to BF longer than 2 years, its just not for me. I think the photo will definitely hit a nerve in A LOT of people! 

MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Interesting

sara_7106
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 2:23 PM
I think if you can bf til 3 go for it. It's great but I'm still not sure I want to see it on a magazine cover.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monjerm01
by Monica on May. 10, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Good for them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica020410
by Jessica on May. 10, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Good for them!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocketracer
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Attachment parenting or Helicopter parenting?

jbyrd898
by Jessica on May. 10, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I like it. I actually just posted this...didnt see yours!! will delete :)

bklynmom5
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Attachment parenting! I was doing this for the last 12 years! (5 kids) guess it has a name now!  But then again it was not by choice.  All my kids were/are high need babies!  They slept with me cause that was the ONLY way to get ANY sleep!  I tried EVERYTHING to get them to stay by themselves.  Walkers, swings, ect.  But all they ever wanted was for me to hold them. I BF, and Co-sleep, sometime wear. 

To each his/her own!

Vanessa

SAHM to Alexis 12, Madison 9, Jonathan 6, Brianna 3, Justin 8M

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)