Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

'Cougar Town' officially moves to TBS; new episodes in 2013

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:31 PM
  • 3 Replies

The cul-de-sac crew is moving to a new home: "Cougar Town" is heading to TBS for its fourth season.

The cable channel announced Thursday (May 10) that it will pick up the show from ABC for a fourth season. TBS has ordered 15 episodes for Season 4, which is expected to air early next year, and also grabbed rerun rights to the first three seasons.

"'Cougar Town' is a smart, whimsical sitcom that draws its humor from likable, relatable characters," TBS/TNT/TCM president and head of programming Michael Wright says. "We are thrilled to have 'Cougar Town' moving to the TBS neighborhood as the network continues to expand its slate of original comedy series."

"Cougar Town" has struggled some on ABC this season, averaging about 5.2 million viewers and a 2.0 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic. Reports of a move to cable first surfaced late last week, and a deal came together pretty quickly after that.

The final ABC episodes of "Cougar Town," leading up to Jules (Courteney Cox) and Grayson's (Josh Hopkins) wedding, will air May 15 and May 29. 

by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 10, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I really like this show so I'm glad it didn't get just canceled! 

Jessica020410
by Jessica on May. 10, 2012 at 4:43 PM
So glad it wasn't cancelled! I love the show!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sillieguze
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I'm glad it didn't get canceled.  It's such a funny show.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN