Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Portwood back in jail

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 6 Replies

'Teen Mom' star allegedly violated terms of drug court program

ANDERSON, Ind. — Amber Portwood, star of the MTV reality show “Teen Mom,” was back in jail Thursday for violating terms of her drug court program.

According to her attorney Evan Broderick, the drug court found Portwood was falling short of fulfilling her obligations in the program while recuperating from surgery.

Portwood was accepted into drug court February 16. The program seeks to help offenders with their addictions as an alternative to sending them to prison.

Broderick said about a week ago that the court granted Portwood leniency while she recovered, but had ordered her to continue with the program as much as she could.

“I think things came to light that she could have been doing more,” Broderick said.

Broderick would not disclose the nature of Portwood’s surgery, but said it wasn’t serious.

Portwood has not been terminated from the program. However, Broderick said it is possible she could remain in jail until next week while the court reviews her case.

These types of slip-ups, Broderick said, are common among drug court participants.

“It’s not uncommon to give a sanction in jail to get them back on track,” Broderick said.

by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
monjerm01
by Monica on May. 11, 2012 at 12:08 AM
I'm sick of hearing about her.. She's a loser and a disgrace to all mothers!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by Diane on May. 11, 2012 at 8:14 AM

I realize she is young but I think its time to grow up

MrsNewman
by Shayna on May. 11, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Poor Leah. I couldn't imagine my girls growing up without a mother! It's sad that she would choose that life over a life with her child.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on May. 11, 2012 at 8:46 AM

wow. her poor little girl.

MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 11, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Yes my lovely local news lol 

P.V.Hawkwind
by on May. 11, 2012 at 5:26 PM
That is sad. I wonder if she never did teen mom or 16 and pregnant would she has the issues she has now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)