Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

'DWTS' Recap: Why Did Katherine Jenkins Break Down?

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:13 AM
  • 6 Replies

'DWTS' Recap: Why Did Katherine Jenkins Break Down?

The Dancing With the Stars semi-finals are here. Is it just me or does it seem like this time it all came upon us ridiculously fast? Well, no matter. Here we are. And the one thing everyone seems to agree upon is that this is the most talented group of four ever in the semi-finals.

As a fan of many seasons, I would have to agree. There is not a single dancer who seems bad or even obviously on the chopping block. This is also the week where everyone's sad story is trotted out to make them seem most deserving.

There again there are no weaknesses. William Levy's story is one of hard work and heartbreak and hunger. He is not alone.

Maria Menounos' story is also full of sadness. Donald Driver and Katherine Jenkins are also not exactly coming from charmed pasts. In fact, it is hard to find a single one who would not be deserving (though I think I am partial to Donald Driver -- how amazing is he?).

Still, even amidst a dramatic night full of revelations and emotion, it was Katherine Jenkins' mental breakdown at the end of her salsa that was the most dramatic moment in the episode.

Apparently the reason for her breakdown was her back and an injury, but I also think it had something to do with the enormous pressure she felt. She has a real chance to win this and had already had a great score on her first dance, so maybe she was expecting something more as well.

This is the part of the season where everyone kind of really wants to win. And who can blame them?

They have all come a long way and now they are close to the finish line. In so many seasons, I have to say I really do agree with the judges. There is not a single person in this group who does not deserve the mirrorball trophy both in terms of past and talent.

This may be the best season yet. I like Donald Driver best, though I fear he may be headed home.

Who do you want to see win?

by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gmadiane
by on May. 15, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I dont watch I just check in to see what I miss

Strega
by on May. 15, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Haven't watched this Season at all because the "Stars" are hardly Celebrities, except a couple of them--and they've already gone home.

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

LampPost
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:37 AM
I think Maria or William should be going home. Donald was seriously robbed of well deserved tens this season. Tsk tsk. Mean old Len.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysweet1s
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Donald is my favorite too...his smile and attitude are both incredible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Im not really pulling for anyone. 

Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on May. 15, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I want Donald to win.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN