Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Britney Spears’ ‘X Factor’ Announcement Wasn’t Shocking, but Her Dress Was

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:14 AM
  • 2 Replies

Britney Spears’ ‘X Factor’ Announcement Wasn’t Shocking, but Her Dress Was

Posted by Julie Ryan Evans

Britney SpearsAfter months of rumors and speculation, it's official -- Britney Spears is joining X Factor. She wasted no time wading into the water either, and instead made a big old splash during the official announcement at New York's Beacon Theatre this afternoon as she strutted around in a teeny, tiny white dress that brought flashbacks from the days when she was prone to flashing crotch shots on a regular basis. Brilliant.

Fortunately, she's classed and cleaned up her act since then, but it's nice to know she's still going to keep us wondering just what could happen when she's on board. I think she would have been better off with another inch or two of fabric, but overall, Brit Brit is looking pretty good, no?

She's in incredible shape, and even though she just can't shake that ever-present trashy twist that seems to follow her no matter which fashion route she takes, she looks better than she has in a long timeRadar Online trashed her selection, but I think the dress did the job it was intended to do -- get people talking about her and remind us she's still bad. She told reporters:

I’m so excited about the whole experience. It’s going to be so much fun and different from anything I’ve ever done. I’m ready to find the true star.

I've never really followed X Factor, but I've got to say I'm excited to watch Britney on it. Even though I'm not a big fan of hers, I do find her fascinating. I'm sure Fox is banking on plenty of others like me who want to see not only how she handles herself as a judge, but what she wears, says, and does too. With her, you just never know.

It was also announced that Demi Lovato is officially joining the cast, which is ... meh. I would have much rather seen one of the other divas rumored to be in the running fill the seat like Fergie or even LeAnn Rimes. I suppose Demi may bring in the younger crowd, but I just can't see her holding her own against a legend like Spears, not even with her newly blonde hair. I guess we'll just have to tune in to find out how it all works and if they can save the sinking show. My money is on Britney doing it.

Are you excited to see Britney Spears as a judge on X Factor? What do you think of her look for the announcement?

by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gmadiane
by on May. 15, 2012 at 8:32 AM

I am excited for her and I have seen celebs look much worse

MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 15, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I am excited, its going to get me to actually watch the show. And I think she looked just fine!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)