Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Angelina Jolie Should Buy Brad Pitt One of These $1.6 Million Gifts

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:00 AM
  • 3 Replies

Angelina Jolie Should Buy Brad Pitt One of These $1.6 Million Gifts

Posted by Jacqueline Burt

angelina jolie brad pittDon't get me wrong -- I pretty much think Angelina Jolie is like, the most talented gift-giver ever born. Merry Christmas Brad, I bought you a waterfall! Well done, girlfriend. And I'm sure Brad Pitt is beyond thrilled with every token of Angie's affection, including the latest: A $1.6 million helicopter (and flying lessons, of course!). Um, happy birthday ... ? Nope, it's not Brad's bday. According to a source, Angie just “thought it would be nice to buy Brad a helicopter as a surprise present."

Well, sure.

Anyway, like I said, I think Angelina's instincts are spot-on. But I started thinking about what her next big-ticket gift to Brad might be ... and I started wondering about what shopping for a present is like when you've got a $1.6 million budget. I mean, it's not like you're marking pages in a catalogue with sticky notes, y'know?

What does $1.6 million get you nowadays, exactly?

Well, guess what? Crappy economy or no crappy economy, it turns out you can still buy a lot of supremely cool stuff for $1.6 mil.

So the next time you're feeling generous, Angie ... a few ideas.

$1.6 Million Can Buy:

A whole lotta of love for little kids. That's how much the Dalai Lama recently donated to Save the Children. Feeding hungry kids ... hey, that's your territory, Angie! Show the Dalai Lamai who's boss and make a donation in Brad's name.

Babe Ruth's house. Yup, the "House That Ruth Built" is on the market in Massachusetts for exactly $1.6 million, and it seems like the 1920's Massachusetts home would be a fun souvenir for Pitt, on account of the whole Moneyball thing.

A Bugatti Veyron sports car made of porcelain. That's right, made of porcelain -- don't breathe on it, for the love of God!!!

A red Tibetan mastiff. Apparently this especially pouffy breed of dog is viewed as a status symbol in China, guaranteed to bring its owner lucky and security. I'm sure the kids would have a blast playing fetch with the pooch, at any rate.

Sotheby's Burmese Ruby ring. Soooo sparkly and beeyootiful ... sigh. A rare "pigeon's blood red" Burmese ruby surrounded by diamonds surrounded by more rubies. Sure, it's a little femme for Brad, but he's man enough to pull it off (i.e., let Angie wear it instead).

What would you buy with $1.6 million?

by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gmadiane
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM

must be nice to have that kind of money

MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 16, 2012 at 1:01 PM

New cars, remodel on my house, golf cart, tons of shoes are just a few! 

jltplk25
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2012 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah really. And here I am, a nobody, struggling to finish school and raise a family. Lol.

Quoting gmadiane:

must be nice to have that kind of money

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)