Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Coroner: 'Swamp People' star Guist died of 'natural causes'

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:24 AM
  • 3 Replies

After performing a preliminary autopsy, Louisiana coroner John Fraiche has determined that Swamp People star Mitchell Guist died of natural causes, reports AP. Final results will not be available for another four or five weeks.

Guist, 47, died after collapsing Monday while working on a houseboat he was building on Belle River, about 75 miles from New Orleans.

"He'd been building on a houseboat. He had just put it in the water this morning and was pushing it. That's when he went down," Guist's brother, Glenn, who co-stars on the show, told the Baton Rouge Advocate. "I still can't believe it," said Guist. "He was considered the baby of the family. I just can't believe it. He was as healthy as a horse."

The History Channel program, which airs at 8 p.m. on Thursdays, highlights Cajun culture and cooking and wildlife and fisheries in Louisiana, especially in the Atchafalaya Basin.

According to the 911 tape released later Monday, witnesses asked for ambulances or a helicopter as they tried to revive Guist.

"You say he's in cardiac arrest?" the dispatcher said on the call. "You're doing CPR?'

"Yes sir, we're blowing and pumping the guy's chest right now," the caller said. "It looks like he may have had a heart attack."

Funeral services are scheduled for Saturday in Gonzales, La., reports AP.

by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 17, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Sad

MrsNewman
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:53 PM

:( i was a little worried when they said he fell off the boat ... I was thinking a croc got him. Such a sad thing to happen. 

gmadiane
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM

very sad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN