Robin GibbSad news tonight from the music world as Robin Gibb, co-founder, of the Disco-era band, the Bees Gees, has died. According to CNN, he passed away today at age 62 after "a long battle with cancer and intestinal surgery."

He was one of the three Gibb brothers who made up the band that largely defined disco. Robin's twin brother Maurice passed way in 2003; and now Barry Gibb, who made up the final third of the band, is the only brother left living. Their younger brother, Andy Gibb, passed away in 1988, at the age of 30.

While the disco ball that so illuminated their success eventually dimmed, their music lived on long past that and always will. Here are five of the greatest Bee Gees songs in memory of Robin, who is hopefully doing the hustle somewhere up above now.

1. Stayin' Alive

Few songs have had the staying power of this one. If you haven't ever danced to it with your finger pointed, you haven't ever really danced.

2. How Deep Is Your Love

I think of roller skating rinks every time I hear this song. Could there be a more perfect song for couple's skate time?

3. I've Got to Get a Message to You Girl

A beautiful song, here Robin Gibb is singing it in 2008.

4. I Started a Joke

A sad one, but lovely nonetheless.

5. Jive Talkin'

Talk about groovy music, this is it.

What are your favorite songs from the Bee Gees?