Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Jillian Michaels Finds Herself a New Mom of TWO!

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:04 AM
  • 142 Replies
4 moms liked this

Awww, how cute is this? People.com has the story (and an adorable photo) of Jillian Michaels with her recently adopted daughter Lukensia - from Haiti - and newborn son Phoenix (delivered earlier this month by partner Heidi Rhoades).

Just wanted to say "congrats" to the newly expanded family on their double blessing! I bet those kids will be kept in line as they get older. :P

by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:08 AM

how nice

Aslen
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:11 AM
34 moms liked this

I had no clue she was lesbian.... my gaydar must be broke.

But that's awesome for them!

piercedbeauty21
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:11 AM

awwww, they look like a nice family. congrats to them!

karamille
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:12 AM
40 moms liked this

I lost all respect for Jillian when she said she would never had a baby because it ruins your body.  Guess she better go find a new girlfriend since her current one is now "ruined"

jessicasmom1
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:14 AM

congrats to them 

Aslen
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting karamille:

I lost all respect for Jillian when she said she would never had a baby because it ruins your body.  Guess she better go find a new girlfriend since her current one is now "ruined"

Holy shit she said that??? WHERE??

MizzT65
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Congrats to Jillian!!!

randomosityblog
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:24 AM

omg I'm gonna cry!!! 

randomosityblog
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:26 AM
8 moms liked this

Quoting karamille:

You lost all respect for her because she has endo... do you lose all respect for everyone that can't have kids?

momlogic's Julie: "The Biggest Loser" trainer extraordinaire Jillian Michaels set off a firestorm of controversy when she told Women's Health Magazine that she had no interest in pregnancy because "I can't handle doing that to my body." Her comment irked and infuriated many mom bloggers. Now, Jillian talks to momlogic about what she really meant by that.

Jillian Michaels

Getty Images

momlogic: So many of our readers responded to our post about your Women's Health articleIt's obviously something moms were very passionate about. Were your comments taken out of context?

Jillian MichaelsThey were taken out of context and misconstrued. First of all, the writer wrote that I have an "aversion" to pregnancy -- which was her word, not mine. I never said that. It was at the very end of a three-hour interview. The writer said, "Do you want to have kids?" And I said, "I'm planning to adopt." She then asked, "Why wouldn't you get pregnant?" I said there were many reasons ... one being that "I can't handle doing that to my body," but I didn't tell her why.

The truth is, I learned very early on that I have endometriosis and polycystic ovaries. I was always told that fertility would/could be a problem for me. Why do I have this? I've heard everything from, "You have too much caffeine in your body" to "It's genetic" to "You need to be put on the birth control pill" -- and I don't believe in using synthetic hormones. In order to get pregnant, I know it would require surgery. For me, it becomes a sort of "I can't handle doing that." I've always just accepted that this is my thing, and this must mean I was meant to adopt, and that's OK. But who knows -- there might be advances in science for women with endometriosis, so I'll never say never. But, for now, I plan to adopt.

Read more: http://www.momlogic.com/2010/05/jillian_michaels_pregnancy_does_not_ruin_your_body.php#ixzz1vhPAbnDf

mehamil1
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Well it's true. Except for some women who are genetically blessed assholes. Like my cousin. No stretch marks or stretched skin. She didn't even really gain weight. 

Whereas my son destroyed my body. He was a big baby and stretched just about every part of my body. The skin just hangs there. Ugh. 

If I ever get the inclination for another kid, I'm adopting. Screw pregnancy. 

But good for them! And I doubt she'll leave her partner for this. 

Quoting karamille:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)