Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Jillian Michaels Finds Herself a New Mom of TWO!

Posted by   + Show Post

Awww, how cute is this? People.com has the story (and an adorable photo) of Jillian Michaels with her recently adopted daughter Lukensia - from Haiti - and newborn son Phoenix (delivered earlier this month by partner Heidi Rhoades).

Just wanted to say "congrats" to the newly expanded family on their double blessing! I bet those kids will be kept in line as they get older. :P

by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Replies (31-40):
mich.el.le
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting 3KidsOneMom:

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting karamille:

I lost all respect for Jillian when she said she would never had a baby because it ruins your body.  Guess she better go find a new girlfriend since her current one is now "ruined"

Holy shit she said that??? WHERE??

Where did she say that at??

She DIDNT.

Yeah, she pretty much did (not about her gf).  She said something about how she could never do that to herself.

Because she has endometriosis and cysts and was advised by doctors that it could cause major issues. She NEVER said it ruins your body.

That's not what she said in the article.

Holztastic
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I had no idea either!

Quoting Aslen:

I had no clue she was lesbian.... my gaydar must be broke.

But that's awesome for them!

Jadegirl1819
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting 3KidsOneMom:

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting karamille:

I lost all respect for Jillian when she said she would never had a baby because it ruins your body.  Guess she better go find a new girlfriend since her current one is now "ruined"

She DIDNT.

Yeah, she pretty much did (not about her gf).  She said something about how she could never do that to herself.

Because she has endometriosis and cysts and was advised by doctors that it could cause major issues. She NEVER said it ruins your body.

Yep, because if it's written in an article then it must be true.  Nothing is ever taken out of context...

Aslen
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Could someone post a clicky link? Please?

Quoting Jadegirl1819:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting 3KidsOneMom:

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting karamille:

She DIDNT.

Yep, because if it's written in an article then it must be true.  Nothing is ever taken out of context...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jadegirl1819
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:26 AM

You don't know the exact details of what medical issures are.  She probably feels that that kind of stuff is private.  There may be more or that she simply doesn't want to risk it.  I'm sure her career is a bit more physically demanding than yours.

So you see her a couple times acting "flipant" about adoption so you assume that she doesn't take it seriously?  Just because you know someone who had sucky adoptive parents you assume they will be, too. 

Quoting karamille:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting 3KidsOneMom:

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting karamille:

She DIDNT.

Yeah, she did say it.  Then she back peddled when she got negative press about it and people who lost respect for her didn't want to here what she had to say about weight loss anymore.  I have endometriosis and PCOS.  I didn't do anything bad to my body by having babies.  In fact it was the most symptom free time of my life.  Now that my youngest is now 3, my symptoms are back.  And yes, she was very flipant about adoption.  It is a serious, important decision.  My husband was adopted by flipant parents. Total puppy syndrome.  When he was cute tiny little baby anymore and started acting like a regular school age boy, they lost all interest in him.  Adopting is just as sacred and serious as chosing to have a baby. 

bethmoore71
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Wow, a toddler and a newborn in the same week! : )

xLilBit22
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:37 AM

awww, thats a beautiful family..

mom_to_kenzie
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Quoting Aslen:

Congrats on their family. I think it was in an interview on the doctors. I will gladly ruin my body again to have my kids.
mich.el.le
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Quoting karamille:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting 3KidsOneMom:

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting karamille:

She DIDNT.

Yeah, she did say it.  Then she back peddled when she got negative press about it and people who lost respect for her didn't want to here what she had to say about weight loss anymore.  I have endometriosis and PCOS.  I didn't do anything bad to my body by having babies.  In fact it was the most symptom free time of my life.  Now that my youngest is now 3, my symptoms are back.  And yes, she was very flipant about adoption.  It is a serious, important decision.  My husband was adopted by flipant parents. Total puppy syndrome.  When he was cute tiny little baby anymore and started acting like a regular school age boy, they lost all interest in him.  Adopting is just as sacred and serious as chosing to have a baby. 

Yep! Ita!

busymom64064
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I didn't know she was a lesbian.....i could care less if she is or not. What matters most is her love for her partner and children. She looks great!! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN