Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Willow Smith, 11, Gets a Tongue Ring?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM
  • 10 Replies

Willow Smith is known for going against the grain of normal 11-year-old standards, and her latest head-turning obsession is body jewelry!

Over the weekend, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith's tween daughter posted an Instagram pic of herself with a silver ball in the middle of her tongue, which looks a lot like a tongue ring. But according to Gossip Cop, the hardware is fake! "It isn't a piercing -- it is a magnet. Just a young girl having fun with accessories," a source tells the site.

Still, the "Whip My Hair" singer's statement-making habits, like rocking different neon hair colors, have been fine with her parents in the past.

"When you have a little girl, it's like how can you teach her that you're in control of her body?" dad Will told Parade magazine in May. "If I teach her that I'm in charge of whether or not she can touch her hair, she's going to replace me with some other man when she goes out in the world."

"She can't cut my hair but that's her hair. She has got to have command of her body," he continued. "So when she goes out into the world, she's going out with a command that is hers. She is used to making those decisions herself. We try to keep giving them those decisions until they can hold the full weight of their lives."

Willow’s friend, Bobbie DeBarge, posted a similar pic on her own Instagram page, but tagged it ”#DMP #fake #dontjudge #justhavingfun #dontberude

What do you think: Did Willow get her tongue pierced for real, or is the huge stud just a big ‘ol fake?

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trippyhippy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:41 PM
It's a magnet.
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:13 PM
I don't think its real.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyGal
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Quoting trippyhippy:

It's a magnet.

sara_7106
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Will has some good advice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no idea but man does she look like a splitting image of her dad..
gmadiane
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:49 PM

no idea

lga1965
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I don't know or care if it is real or fake. Although, it would be a good thing if it was fake. Dentists HATE those tongue piercings. Doctors worry that it can cause mouth tissue to degenerate or become cancerous.  I hate those piercings. I worked at a large national bank with a girl who had her tongue pierced and not only did it make her talk funny but she was such an idiot. A while  later she was fired for being a total loser on the job, not trainable.It just looks bad and is not welcome in the professional business world.

Now Willow is in a show biz family so maybe they would think it was just great. Whatever.

monjerm01
by Monica on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:57 AM
I also don't think it's real.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bklynmom5
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 8:44 AM

i hope it's fake

PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:40 AM
This. They're smart parents

Quoting trippyhippy:

It's a magnet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN