Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

4th Of July plans?

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM
  • 9 Replies

What is everyone doing? This morning I dropped my son off at his dad's. I'm home now..it's so stinking hot out I think I might just take a nap before heading to my parents for dinner. Nothing really exciting going on here. Just me and the cat. lol.

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsNewman
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Its to hot out here to! We are chilling in the a/c until we head over to my moms for a cook out and some swiming. 

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Teen is gone this week, hubby is working till atleast 9 so its just the younger 2 and I. We are just hanging out today. Later this evening I am going to let them play in the sprinkler to wet the grass and then when it gets dark I bought a small pack of fire works to let off.

crazymomof2374
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM

My DH is gone to work and I am just going to stay in and stay cool.

PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Its been record highs...then rained today...lol. Just hanging out with the family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thingz123
by Cheryl on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM

All of the fireworks celebrations around here have been cancelled for days-they've been afraid the fireworks would start a fire, because it has also been extremely dry. It's 104 right now. Has been between 103 and 108 every day around here for over a week. Nobody seems to be interested in grilling, wonder why, LOL. We aren't really doing anything outside of just hanging out. I am watering a million plants, mostly those outside the house-nothing can stay hydrated and I have several plants that look scorched. Will be watering the hostas and big pots on the sidewalk after sundown.

monjerm01
by Monica on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Its Dh's normal work day today so me and the are just hangin out and packing for our vacation..

Than when dh gets home we will be grilling dinner and lighting some fireworks, can't wait!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thingz123
by Cheryl on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:35 PM

It is freaking 102 and it is 7:30!!!!!

Chris (DH) just dragged the window A/C unit we have upstairs to Caleb and Elisha's room. We NEVER get that thing out unless the central air unit just can't handle it. It is 84 degrees down here in the living room, God only knows what it is upstairs.

I have been watering stuff for the past hour. I already spent an hour doing it this afternoon. Still need to do the hostas and garden bed in front of the front door.

In.cred.ible. If there were freakfracking fireworks going on, you wouldn't catch me outside looking at them. There were 8 St. Louisans at the VP Fair today drinking and hanging out in the miserable weather, getting themselves sick enough to go to the hospital. Umph.

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:34 PM

LMAO at your ecards!! Omgoodness. lol. It's stinking hot too .Where are you guys at that's it's in the 100's?? 

thingz123
by Cheryl on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Quoting BeachMommy07:

LMAO at your ecards!! Omgoodness. lol. It's stinking hot too .Where are you guys at that's it's in the 100's?? 

St. Louis. It's pretty much like this all over the Midwest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)