Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Ray J's Twitter Attack on Kim Kardashian Makes Him Look Desperate

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:48 AM
  • 18 Replies

Ray J's Twitter Attack on Kim Kardashian Makes Him Look Desperate

Posted by Ericka Sóuter

kim kardashianThe Kardashians are easy targets. They put themselves out there and the world loves to poke fun at every media-obsessed move they make. But some hecklers really have nerve. Recently Kim Kardashian's ex Ray J took a shot at the reality star on Twitter.

After Kim posted several uplifting tweets, including, "Keep your life in a positive perspective. We are not defined by our pasts," he re-tweeted the message, but added a snarky "LOL."

I am not sure why that is worth mocking. In recent months, Kim has opened up about embarrassing mistakes in her personal life. And there is no doubt in my mind that the long ago sex tape she made with Ray J is one of her many regrets.

But this isn't the first time that he's lashed out at her. In his book Death of a Cheating Man: What Every Woman Must Know About Men Who Stray, he said their relationship was basically about sex and called her "a straight freak who was down to do whatever ..."

Clearly someone is desperate for some attention. Kim may be famous for being famous, but I don’t remember why he is even considered a celeb anymore. His attempts at being an R&B star flamed out long ago. Defending his tweet, he told a radio station, "I was just havin' fun." But perhaps he should stop using Kim to get attention and focus on his so-called music career. These little jabs are just plain pitiful.

What do you think of Ray J's snarky tweet to ex Kim Kardashian?

Image via david_shankbone/Flickr

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by Diane on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:16 AM

stupid

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:56 AM

It was childish .... but he did kind of have a point. 

OneToughMami
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:20 PM

All he put was LOL...I mean what made Kim K. famous? Um yeah duh her sex tape with Ray J. She didn't get famous doing anything more than having sex with someone...

eastcoastmama11
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Well her very successful reality shows have helped.

Ray J's show burned out pretty quickly, perhaps he's jealous and he's obviously still bitter.

I think his mocking her shows immaturity, she is trying to grow or whatever and he's poking at her like a teenage boy.

Quoting OneToughMami:

All he put was LOL...I mean what made Kim K. famous? Um yeah duh her sex tape with Ray J. She didn't get famous doing anything more than having sex with someone...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Prior to the sex tape though where was the reality TV deal? And had you heard about her before that?

Quoting eastcoastmama11:

Ray J's show burned out pretty quickly, perhaps he's jealous and he's obviously still bitter.

I think his mocking her shows immaturity, she is trying to grow or whatever and he's poking at her like a teenage boy.

Quoting OneToughMami:

eastcoastmama11
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:29 PM
No, but I could easily say ray j would be unknown without brandy.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Prior to the sex tape though where was the reality TV deal? And had you heard about her before that?

Quoting eastcoastmama11:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:50 PM

And that is just as legitimate as a claim. I only know him as Brandy's brother...so Brandy could just go ahead and retweet that with "LOL...pot meet kettle *winky face*"

Quoting eastcoastmama11:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting eastcoastmama11:

Quoting OneToughMami:

eastcoastmama11
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Lol, I can't argue that the Kardashians havent done anything of substance to gain their fame.

My main point was supposed to be that I think Ray J is lame for mocking her attempts to move on from her past, when that is exactly what she and anyone should do.

Forgive my tendency to stray off topic lol.

Quoting OneToughMami:

And that is just as legitimate as a claim. I only know him as Brandy's brother...so Brandy could just go ahead and retweet that with "LOL...pot meet kettle *winky face*"

Quoting eastcoastmama11:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting eastcoastmama11:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsNewman
by Shayna on Jul. 20, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Quoting MamaMandee:agree

It was childish .... but he did kind of have a point. 

agree

mrsdic
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 5:39 PM

she's completely defined by her sex tape... it's what made her famous.  i think it's funny.  truth is always the best humor!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)