Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj's Feud Just for Ratings? Steven Tyler Says "Of Course"

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:12 PM
  • 7 Replies

Steven Tyler

There is always speculation when something was "leaked" on the Internet regarding how, exactly, it was leaked. Many wondered right off the bat if American Idol producers did it on purpose, to drum up interest in the fading star of reality singing competition shows. And some even said they wouldn't be surprised if the whole "feud" between Mariah Carey and Nicki MInaj is being completely faked for ratings.

Former American Idol judge Steven Tyler is one of those who would not be surprised. When asked if the fight was fake, Steven said, "Of course, are you kidding?"

B. Smith, Mariah's longtime stunt-double, has also spoken out about the fight, however, and his statements indicate this feud is rooted in reality (real reality, not reality TV) and also said this is not the first time the two have butted heads.

One thing is certain: we will never see Steven again on the judges' panel. When asked when he would return to the show, the Aerosmith rocker said, "I ain't never goin' back."

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gmadiane
by Diane on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I just love him

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I think they dont like each other and AI is playing it up. 

BeachMommy07
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I think Nicki is genuine in her feelings to Mariah. As far as the hype-it sells.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:24 PM
stunt double?
PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Agreed. Scripted
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I've never watched AI, and have no plans to, real feud or not. Kinda silly, if you ask me.

Jessica020410
by Jessica on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Yep

Quoting PinkParadox:

Agreed. Scripted
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)