Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Rosie O'Donnell thinks Honey Boo Boo is the next Shirley Temple

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM
  • 16 Replies

Rosie O'Donnell loves the "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" family so much that she wants to buy them a house.

The 50-year-old comedian recently sat down with People to talk about just how much she is obsessed with TLC's reality show about young Alana Thompsonand her family. O'Donnell proves that she can do a great Mama Juneimpression, pretending during the interview like she was the matriarch cheering on 7-year-old Honey Boo Boo at a pageant.

"I love 'Smoochie! Look at Mama, Smoochie! Look at the judges,' " she enacts for the magazine while blowing kisses.

O'Donnell continues, "I love Mama June. I love Sugar Bear. I love Chubbs. I love 'em all."

In fact, O'Donnell likes them so much that, in addition to offering to replace their current Georgia home with a new one, she admits that she thinks Alana is similar in many ways to one of the greatest child stars of all time.

"I think that little girl, Honey Boo Boo, is like Shirley Temple," O'Donnell says. "She has a presence and an intellect that goes way beyond her years. Some of the stuff she says and comes up with, I don't know. I'd love to meet them."

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsRussell1025
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:29 PM
2 moms liked this
What a huge insult to Shirley temple
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Holy cow. No , Honey BooBoo is not a Shirley Temple type at all. She's an annoying little smart ass and will end up looking like her Mama , in a trailer park,some day.I can't stand her or the show. TLC ,in general, is becoming unwatchable.

What is wrong with Rosie?UGH.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Is she actually watching this show?

MyBuck_HisDoe
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Haha! The first thing that came to mind was what MrsRussell1025 said. But! As I read on, I shrugged it off; Ms. Temple will sound off on that statement. However, I did laugh a bit at Rosie's amusement with this family. I have never seen the show... only a few clips here and there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsNewman
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I kinda thought it was all written out for her and script. If she is coming up with all those sayings, she is funny ... but yeah. 

monjerm01
by Monica on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Well, I wouldn't go that far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Um....no honey boo boo is NOTHING like Shirley Temple!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sara_7106
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Eh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lydi
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

my thoughts exactly!

Quoting MrsRussell1025:

What a huge insult to Shirley temple

lasombrs
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Poor Shirley Temple :( What an insult. And I liked Rosie..... surprised she feels so strongly about this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN