Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Rosie O'Donnell thinks Honey Boo Boo is the next Shirley Temple

Posted by   + Show Post

Rosie O'Donnell loves the "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" family so much that she wants to buy them a house.

The 50-year-old comedian recently sat down with People to talk about just how much she is obsessed with TLC's reality show about young Alana Thompsonand her family. O'Donnell proves that she can do a great Mama Juneimpression, pretending during the interview like she was the matriarch cheering on 7-year-old Honey Boo Boo at a pageant.

"I love 'Smoochie! Look at Mama, Smoochie! Look at the judges,' " she enacts for the magazine while blowing kisses.

O'Donnell continues, "I love Mama June. I love Sugar Bear. I love Chubbs. I love 'em all."

In fact, O'Donnell likes them so much that, in addition to offering to replace their current Georgia home with a new one, she admits that she thinks Alana is similar in many ways to one of the greatest child stars of all time.

"I think that little girl, Honey Boo Boo, is like Shirley Temple," O'Donnell says. "She has a presence and an intellect that goes way beyond her years. Some of the stuff she says and comes up with, I don't know. I'd love to meet them."

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Replies (11-16):
merryvoice
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
My thought exactly!!

Quoting MrsRussell1025:

What a huge insult to Shirley temple
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Quoting MrsRussell1025:

What a huge insult to Shirley temple

DayDreamer1201
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I must be missing something??? Who the hell is Honey Boo Boo?

LoriAnn87
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Roise needs to get her eyes check. U can't compare Shirley Temple to Honey boo boo because both of them are total different people. Shirley Temple had classic Honey Boo Boo doesn't.

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:59 PM

From Wikipedia: 

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is a reality television program on TLC which featuresbeauty pageant participant Alana Thompson (Honey Boo Boo), along with her mother June Shannon, father Mike Thompson and her three older sisters. The show is mostly filmed in and around the family's hometown in rural McIntyre, Georgia, United States, a town in Middle Georgia east of Macon.

The Thompsons originally gained fame appearing on TLC’s Toddlers & Tiaras, which follows the lives of child beauty pageant contestants and their families.[1]

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

I must be missing something??? Who the hell is Honey Boo Boo?

motherslove82
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:01 PM
She should move in with them. She's fit right in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)