Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Hilary Duff & Luca: Lunch In L.A.

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:58 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hilary Duff runs some errands with baby Luca

Lizzie McGuire star Hilary Duff was photographed with son Luca, 6 months, in Beverly Hills, Calif. on Wednesday (October 10). The new mom, 25, toted her tot after lunching with pals. ”Ol sticky fingers….. Grabbin for more toys!,” Hilary tweeted Tuesday, with a photo of her baby boy getting into the toy bin.

Hilary recently weighed in on the pressures to lose the baby weight in the watchful eyes of Tinseltown, calling out the “freaks of nature” who instantly lose the postpartum pounds.

“Yeah, of course,” Hilary told Parents about feeling the pressure. “I mean there are photographers following me every day. So you feel the pressure because of what people write about you. Not that they’re personal attacks, but obviously, when you see “Hilary Debuts Post-Baby Body!” you want to tell people, “No, actually, I was just going out to get a coffee.” There are some women who look the same right after — I think they are freaks of nature! I don’t know how that happens. I’m not one of those people. It takes your body nine months to get there — really ten months. So I’m trying to be patient but I’m working hard. And I think now more than ever, I appreciate my body and what it’s done for me.”

Hilary went on to gush about the joys of motherhood.

“It’s really wonderful,” she said of being a new mom. “There are no words to describe it. I mean, to say “It’s wonderful” sounds minuscule. When you get to see your baby for the first time, and they put him on your chest, and you’re looking into each other’s eyes, this feeling just washes over you and there are really no words.”

And she went on to talk about the perks of being a young mom.

“The only thing that’s hard is that I don’t have a lot of people my age who have babies,” Hilary said. “So I’m at a totally different spot than a lot of my friends. But they’re all very excited about hanging out with Luca. You’ve asked me a tough question, because I don’t really know what the alternative is. I do have a lot of energy, I feel great, and I had a really easy pregnancy. I want to have more kids and I’m looking forward to doing that, but I’m not in any rush. I think sometimes maybe if you start a little later you’re in a hurry to get all the kids you want, and I have a little time to spread that out.”

Luca is Hilary’s first child with husband, former NHL star Mike Comrie.

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gmadiane
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:58 PM

love when celebs look like normal people

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:12 PM

wow he is already 6 months old...time flies! 

Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I wish they would leave her alone about her weight. She looks perfectly healthy! She's not a teen anymore and she's had a baby, she's not going to have the body she had before.

mom2bell
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:06 PM
I've always liked her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:19 PM
I personally think she looks good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monjerm01
by Monica on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:20 PM
That's the same thing I thought..

He's a cutie!

Quoting MamaMandee:

wow he is already 6 months old...time flies! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sara_7106
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Good for her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN