Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Miley Cyrus inspires Jonas Brothers' new song 'Wedding Bells'?

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:12 PM
  • 3 Replies

Jonas Brothers fans got a sneak peek at new music from Nick, Joe and Kevin at the band's Radio City Music Hall performance on Thursday (Oct. 11), the JoBros' first concert since 2010. And the lyrics to the new track "Wedding Bells" has some listeners wondering if it could be about Nick Jonas' ex-girlfriend Miley Cyrus.

"She says, 'Can you keep a secret/ A ceremony's set for June/ I know it's a rush, but I just love him so much/ I hope that you can meet him soon,'" Nick sings.

Miley didn't get hitched this past June, but that is when she and fiancĂ© Liam Hemsworthannounced their engagement. 

Another clue pointing to Miley as the song's inspiration are the lyrics, "If you recall our anniversary falls/ Eleven nights into June." And as we all learned in Miley's autobiography, "Miles to Go," that's the same day she met her "Prince Charming." 

Miley writes, "I remember the exact date, June 11, 2006. It was the day I met my first love. Let's call him Prince Charming."

Nick sings on the song's chorus, "I don't want to love, if it's not you/ I don't want to hear the wedding bells bloom/ Maybe we can try one last time/ But I don't want to hear the wedding bells chime."

So does this mean Nick wants to give things another try with Miley?

Give the track a listen for yourself below.

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Donna.June
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Yeah! Jonas Brothers :) I wonder if the song is about Miley....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I kind of like the Jo bros! Interesting if the song is about her. 

gmadiane
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I have heard of them but dont really know them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)