Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Pilot of "Munsters" Reboot to Air Early

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:14 PM
  • 3 Replies

Just in time for Halloween, NBC's edgy reboot of the classic horror sitcom "The Munsters" is set for an early debut... sort of.

For the past few months, we've been following the progress of this interesting and somewhat risky project, bringing a camp classic into the modern age with dramatic twists (accounting for the renaming of the show to the less tongue-in-cheek "Mockingbird Lane"). The show was being touted for a 2013 premiere, but apparently there are some rumblings that that may not happen after all; NBC has been rather coy as to the ultimate fate of the show. However, a pilot has already been filmed, so in an effort to at least make some of their money back should the deal fall through, that pilot will be aired as a "special", preceeding "Grimm", on October 26.

After all the time, energy, and buzz surrounding this reboot, it would seem unlikely that NBC would back out; but, just in case, we'll still have this nifty Halloween "special" to look back on!

Meanwhile, lots of new pics from the would-be show have been released, depicting this new version of the spooky family, and, I won't lie, some of them could definitely a little context! Check 'em out below!

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Im going to have to remember cuz it is something I wanted to check out. 

shorty13417
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:20 PM

i don't know if i will check it out or not... i like the orginal Munters.  i know its in black and white but i love it.... the past few weeks i have been watching reruns of it on Boomerang.

gmadiane
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I will check this one out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN