Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

'Big Bang Theory' flash mob: Cast and crew surprise studio audience with 'Call Me Maybe' dance

Posted by   + Show Post

The cast of "The Big Bang Theory"broke character big-time during a live taping for Thursday night's (Nov. 15) episode -- with a flash mob! 

Just after action was called on a scene for "The 43 Peculiarity," the actors -- including Jim ParsonsJohnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco -- seemed startled as the opening bars of Carly Rae Jepsen's summer smash, "Call Me Maybe," sounded through the stage. Moments later, the "BBT" crew assembled in front them and launched into a synchronized dance. 

Then, with Cuoco -- who orchestrated the surprise and enlisted her sister to choreograph it -- leading the way, the actors got up and joined in as the mob grew. Showrunner Chuck Lorremay not have been in on the gag -- his astonishment seems genuine. 

Unfortunately, the video released by CBS is heavily edited and shows just a small portion of the event. "FYI that was only a tiny piece of it!!" tweeted Cuoco, who promised fans that she is "trying to get you the rest of it!!!!" 

The clip does include the joke's final punchline, offered by Parsons after the actors resume their seats on the set. 

"Bazinga!" 

"The Big Bang Theory" airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on CBS. 

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Replies (11-18):
thingz123
by Cheryl on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I saw it. It was cute, I got a big charge out of it.

cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Too too cool! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I hadn't seen it, thanks for posting it. My favorite show, and of course, Sheldon is my favorite character, which is why I named my rescue poodle Sheldon! 

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Im glad you caught it, I know how much you love the show!! 

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Too too cool! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I hadn't seen it, thanks for posting it. My favorite show, and of course, Sheldon is my favorite character, which is why I named my rescue poodle Sheldon! 

cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad, also. I've been working so much lately, it's hard to get in here as much as I used to. Thanks for posting! :-)

Quoting MamaMandee:

Im glad you caught it, I know how much you love the show!! 

Quoting cbk_mom3:

3lilladies81
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Love it!!!! Bazinga was the best part!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jenniy
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:36 AM
LOL cute!!!
CoffeeMom24
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I love big bang!

Jessica020410
by Jessica on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Awesome! I love The Big Bang Theory!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN