Kim KardashianShe may have had nothing but purely good intentions, but now Kim Kardashian is receiving death threats because she tweeted her support for Israel out to her followers on Friday.

She posted the following tweet voicing her concern over what is currently going on in the Middle East: "praying for everyone in Israel." Those simple five words outraged many of her fans, leading them to fire back at her with no holds barred -- even going so far as to post death threats against her.

(Really? Death threats? What the heck is wrong with people?)

And then when poor Kim figured out that she'd made a real boo-boo by posting the tweet, she deleted it -- and then made the mistake of trying to recover with this one: "praying for everyone in Palestine and across the world!"

Yep, you guessed it. Some of her followers didn't appreciate that one very much either, and the backlash only escalated from there. And yes, she removed that tweet as well.

Good grief! Can't a girl catch a break? Sure, those of us in the U.S. are far away from what is happening over there, but that doesn't mean we can't show a little sympathy and express our concern!

Poor Kim. Even when she's trying to do the right thing, she gets butchered. (It must really suck to be a Kardashian sometimes.)

And she must really be feeling the weight of the hateful tweets that were sent to her after posting the messages, because she wound up posting the following statement on her blog as a response:

I want to own up to and explain that earlier today I sent out two tweets about saying prayers for the people in Palestine and Israel, and after hearing from my followers, I decided to take down the tweets because I realized that some people were offended and hurt by what I said, and for that I apologize. I should have pointed out my intentions behind these tweets when I posted them. The fact is that regardless of religion and political beliefs, there are countless innocent people involved who didn't choose this, and I pray for all of them and also for a resolution. I also pray for all the other people around the world who are caught in similar crossfires.

Ok, so who else is really impressed by Kim's words? Her sentiments really couldn't have been expressed in a clearer or classier way, and I for one am really proud of her. (Great job, girl!)

But something tells me she'll probably be extra careful about what she posts from here on out. If anything, what happened only further proves that anything remotely controversial can lead to vicious social media attacks.

Were you offended by Kim's tweets?