Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

The Glass House and Big Brother Still Fighting Like Girls

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:27 PM
  • 4 Replies

Also posted in my Big Brother Group :)      

We thought the drama between CBS’s Big Brother and ABC’s The Glass Housecooled down a bit but it seems the catfight has only begun!

Big Brother fans probably remember CBS having a total meltdown after they discovered that some of their former disgruntled staffers created a reality show of their own over at ABC. CBS started the legal process to sue ABC and The Glass House, but later dropped the lawsuit after a judge refused to issue a temporary restraining order against the new show. Apparently he thought CBS had failed to show how the two shows were similar enough to claim copyright infringement. I’d have to agree with the judge, I mean, the similarities between the two shows pretty much end with human beings living in a house together, competing for money. There have been a LOT of reality shows that have done the same. You’d think MTV’s Real World would have hopped on board and told CBS to STFU.

From THR:

Now, Glass House executive producer Kenny Rosen, ABC VP of alternative programming Corie Henson and Glass House producer Michael O’Sullivan are striking back at CBS’ arbitration claims. All three formerly worked on Big Brother and are upset with CBS, claiming in a new lawsuit that the network is using the “litigation equivalent of war” and has brought arbitration against them “as part of its campaign to prevent, or at the very least, disrupt and harass, the production of a new reality show, The Glass House.

So yeah, that’s happening. ABC’s all like, ‘Eff this crap, we’re sick of CBS harassing us, accusing us and pointing the finger, so we’re just going to sue them for harassment!’

CBS has responded publicly to the harassment lawsuit, saying that ABC is simply trying to complicate the process.

“We believe this is simply an attempt to delay the inevitable arbitration proceeding. We are very confident in our position that there has been a violation of signed, written confidentiality agreements, and we will look forward to a determination of that matter by the arbitration panel.”

God Bless America.

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MrsNewman
by Shayna on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

The glass house was stupid. I don't think Big Brother has much to worry about.

gmadiane
by Diane on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I dont watch either

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I have never watched the glass house, but I like big brother usually.

Jessica020410
by Jessica on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM
I've never watched either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)