Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Taylor Swift: "All Too Well" Is About Jake Gyllenhaal

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:33 PM
  • 10 Replies

Taylor Swift has had almost as many high-profile relationships as she has had hit songs, and as a result, she has written a lot about particular men in Hollywood. And her latest album is no exception.

Us Weekly reports that Taylor’s song “All Too Well” off of her album, Red, is about the time she spent with ex Jake Gyllenhaal. Taylor spent Thanksgiving with Jake’s family in 2010 only to be dumped over the phone at Christmas of the same year. 

This particular break-up gave Taylor a lot of ammunition. Taylor told Good Morning America:“‘All Too Well’ was the hardest to write because it took me a long time to filter through everything I wanted to say. It started out being a 10-minute song, which you can't put on an album. I had to filter it down to a story that could work in the form of a song.”

So if you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to date an older, very attractive movie star (who hasn’t?), take a listen to Taylor’s track. And while you do that, she'll keep "hanging out" with One Direction's Harry Styles. Jake was so 2010.

Source: Us Weekly

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sara_7106
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Interesting
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM
not surprised
monjerm01
by Monica on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Quoting sara_7106:

Interesting

jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Hmm. May have to listen to the track now. Well played, Taylor, well played.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:29 AM

wow. i wonder how these guys react to her writing songs about them and telling people?

AnisaJ
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Guess I'll have to borrow my daughter's Red CD to listen to the lyrics. I think she should put a side note next to each song to let us know who the song is about. It will really save a lot of time speculating about who it is about hahaha. 

PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:00 PM
This. Usually she doesn't tell...

Quoting AnisaJ:

Guess I'll have to borrow my daughter's Red CD to listen to the lyrics. I think she should put a side note next to each song to let us know who the song is about. It will really save a lot of time speculating about who it is about hahaha. 

LAXmom21
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I wouldn't think they would care. It's one sided. i wonder how mature she really is?

Quoting jbyrd898:

wow. i wonder how these guys react to her writing songs about them and telling people?

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I think of it as though she is "kissing and telling".

Quoting LAXmom21:

I wouldn't think they would care. It's one sided. i wonder how mature she really is?

Quoting jbyrd898:

baby
Kage336
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Why do these famous guys even bother dating her anymore? She's going to run off as soon as they break her heart and write a stupid song about it. Hey Taylor, ever think the problem might be you?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)