Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

AMAs 2012: Pink destroys the stage and kills her performance of 'Try'

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM
  • 6 Replies

The musical performances at the American Music Awards are always stunning. But every show has at least one act that makes all others pale in comparison. At the 2012 AMA show, Pink had that performance.

No one would be likely to argue. They'd probably be too afraid of the passionate and quite frankly violent performance to even try.

Pink performed her single, "Try," on a sparse set with only one other dancer, but she didn't need any extra flash. Instead, she just focused on creating a true work of art. The singer and her male partner wore only sparse clothing and rainbow-colored body-paint. Their set was a decrepit and dusty-looking house.

All of this meant the audience could truly focus on the performance. Pink began her show upside-down, held on her partner's shoulders. Flips and tumbles followed throughout the song -- somehow, Pink managed to both sing (or lip-sync, as the case may be) and contort her body without a flaw over the course of several minutes. 

It got more and more intense as the song progressed. The dancing and singing both evoked fighting, and neither partner held back. Glass broke. A chair was smashed. Fire flared. The man threw Pink onto an old mattress.

Both performers survived. Barely.

Did you see it? What did you think of it?
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:40 PM

For those who missed it I will try to see if I can find it on video tomorrow! It was so good!! 

.Bubbles.
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM
It was truly beautiful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sara_7106
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:59 PM
She was amazing!
VintageWife
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM
How weird
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marchantmom06
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM
It was not beautiful or amazing. It glorified abuse and I personally find that disturbing that they can put something like that on television and call it entertainment. And then all these little tiny boppers who love her music think oh it's ok for a man to beat me and treat me like shit. What a world we live in that is called beauty and amazing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monjerm01
by Monica on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:09 PM
I didn't see it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)