Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Brad Pitt Reveals Wedding Details That Would Make Any Bride Jealous of Angelina Jolie

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:38 PM
  • 2 Replies

Brad Pitt Reveals Wedding Details That Would Make Any Bride Jealous of Angelina Jolie

Posted by Maressa Brown

angelina jolie brad pittBrad Pitt may be a world-famous, gorgeous, super-rich star with an equally world-famous, gorgeous, super-rich fiancee, but whenever he gives interviews, he comes off sounding like the most down-to-earth, sweet, normal guy. Even when he talks about his and Angelina Jolie's eventual wedding, which we've been basically assuming are going to take another decade to come together -- given their turtle-slow track record. For instance, when the topic was broached by People at the premiere of his new film Killing Them Softly last night, he said, "I am getting more pressure from my kids, and it is something I want to do within their lifetime, but I also feel like the time has come. The time is nigh. It's soon. I got a good feeling about it."

Awww! Cute, right? All right, so there's a chance he could be completely stringing us along. Just telling us what he knows we want to hear. But at the same time, eh, I buy it!

Especially because he followed up that statement by admitting:

We've had a family, we've raised the kids. I am surprised how much [marriage] meant to me once you had that.

So, in other words, he's still really into the idea, and it's not just about Angie having a ring on it. It's about them actually taking that next step and becoming Mr. and Mrs. (Pitt, not Smith).

That said, what the heck does he mean by "The time is nigh. It's soon!"?! Like he's waiting for an online shopping order to arrive at his doorstep. Huh? What? Okay, well, I'm guessing the real deal is that Angie is calling the shots about when they actually tie the knot, right? And he's just game to go along with whenever "the time" ends up being, which he's hoping is "soon."

But let's be real. Whenever these two really do decide to make it official, they'll be able to plan the whole thing in seconds. They could pull the trigger on a Sunday and be married in a lavish ceremony in France, with George Clooney and all their other A-list stars flown in via private jet, and Angie rocking a custom designer frock by Friday at 4. Jeeeealous!

Meanwhile, those of us who aren't celeb royalty have to/choose to spend months painstakingly planning and sweating bullets over all the little and not-so-little details of the Big Day. We put in orders for dresses that are supposed to take "up to eight months," we make budgets, spreadsheets, interview vendors, and best of all, get to endlessly put out interpersonal fires that manage to crop up all along the way -- in hopes that it all ends up being worth it. Fingers crossed. Still, though, what a pain in the tuchus!

But you can guarantee that won't be the case for Angie and Brad. Let's not even bother wondering about their "planning" process ever again. Because one of the benefits of being as famous and as wealthy as they are has got to be that when you decide to have a wedding, you don't have to deal with the grueling details of planning at all. (Unless you want to, that is.)

Did you enjoy planning your wedding, or do you wish you could have been able to have someone else do it for you on a whim like Brad and Angie probably will?

Image via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
momdays
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:47 PM

My jaw will drop the day she marries him. I opted out of a wedding and chose a honeymoon cruise instead. Best thing I ever did. Justice of the peace was the way to go.

jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:30 PM
I hated planning my wedding but I was rushed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)