Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Sean "Diddy" Combs Silent After His Clothing Line Found in Bangladesh Factory Where Deadly Fire Erupted

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:36 PM
  • 9 Replies

Sean "Diddy" Combs Silent After His Clothing Line Found in Bangladesh Factory Where Deadly Fire Erupted

Sean 'P Diddy' Combs Uri Schanker/FilmMagic

Sean "Diddy" Combs' clothing line ENYCE was among those manufactured in the Bangladesh garment factory that caught fire over the weekend, killing more than 100 workers.

Diddy himself declined to comment on the tragedy or the fact that one of his labels was made there. But Li & Fung, which operates, produces and oversees all manufacturing for the brand, did release a statement to E! News:

"Our deepest condolences go out to the families of the victims involved in the tragedy. ENYCE Kids is licensed to [Hong Kong supplier] Li & Fung. Compliance and safety are important to us and we expect all our licensees to have in place compliant standards for fire and safety conditions at any factory that may produce our brand," said Jeffrey Tweedy, president of ENYCE.

Li & Fung also expressed its sadness in a statement and noted the company will be "participating in aid efforts for immediate relief" and that "a fund will be set up for the education of the victims' children."

Remnants of clothing made for Walmart, Disney and Sears, among others, were also reportedly found in the ashes.

Meanwhile, according to CNN, three managers from the factory have been arrested and accused of locking the main gate at the facility, hampering people trying to flee the inferno

Click on me to see what it's all about!

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM
I saw about the fire on the news, its very sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

All my news I get through this group. Lol. It's sad to hear that so many people lost their lives.

Quoting MamaMandee:

I saw about the fire on the news, its very sad.

Click on me to see what it's all about!

sara_7106
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Sad
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pampire
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:33 AM

The people that run the factory need to be held accountable.  That said, the companies that own the brands being made have a duty to do periodic spot checks to ensure their vendors/suppliers/etc are doing things correctly.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:01 AM

how horrible

gmadiane
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:06 AM

sad

Jessica020410
by Jessica on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Sad
monjerm01
by Monica on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:17 PM
How scary and sad.
BeachMommy07
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:15 AM
Quoting pampire:

The people that run the factory need to be held accountable.  That said, the companies that own the brands being made have a duty to do periodic spot checks to ensure their vendors/suppliers/etc are doing things correctly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN