honey boo booSince its debut, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo has earned just as many foes as it has fans. The latest to slam the pint-sized pageant queen? Adam Levine.

The Maroon 5 frontman is appalled by the TLC mega hit. He's certainly not alone. Joy Behar skewered the 7-year-old on The View and Kris Jenner had a few snarky words about her reality TV competition. But Levine's recent comments are particularly vicious and brutal.

During an interview in the new GQ, he lashed out at the young star:

Seriously, Honey Boo Boo is the decay of Western civilization. Just because so many people watch the show doesn't mean it's good. So many people witness atrocities and can't take their eyes away from them, but that doesn't mean they're good. That show is literally the. Worst. Thing. That's. Ever. Happened.

Wow. He makes the show sound like it's on the same level as atrocities like war or human trafficking. He didn't stop there.

It's complete f**king ignorance and the most despicable way to treat your kids ... F**k those people. You can put that in the magazine: F**k those idiots. They're just the worst. Sorry, I'm so sensitive to that -- like, I don't know, man, it's upsetting. Just to clarify, I said, "F**k those people!"

Jeez Adam! Why don't you pick on someone your own size. Is it really necessary to slam little Boo Boo so maliciously? Yes, they are hill billy-ish and uncouth, but you can't deny they are a tight knit clan. Over two million viewers rabidly tune in, so they are resonating with a lot of people. And that's because this family is down-to-earth and honest about who they are. What's wrong with that?

So I have to wonder: is this harsh critique fair? Now I love Maroon 5's music, but the world isn't really a better place because of ‚ÄúMoves Like Jagger.‚ÄĚ Watching that backwoods brood makes people laugh and we could all use a little levity these days. So come on, dude! Leave Honey Boo Boo alone!

Do you agree with Adam's comments?

Image via TLC