Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Brooke Burke Is Out of Thyroid Surgery, Tweets Health Updates

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

She’s out! Dancing With the Stars co-host Brooke Burke-Charvet is doing well after her successful thyroid surgery — except for the part where she feels like she got hit by a car.

Brooke revealed her thyroid cancer diagnosis in early November, noting that she’d need a thyroidectomy, giving her a little scar across her neck. Last night, she tweeted a last look at her neck without a scar.

Earlier today (Thursday, December 6), she tweeted, "I'm resting, recovering. Surgery went well. Dr Adashek is a genius. Thx Dr! Feels like I got hit my a car :(" An hour later, she added, "Thank God it's over. I'm clean, surgery went well & I can talk. Losing My voice was my biggest fear. Thx for all your prayers & light." After that, she shared a shot of herself flipping cancer the bird, writing, “made it through my surgery, Thank God! so far so good F#@k Cancer! I'm recovering, I'm strong, I'm grateful for my brilliant Doctors.” 

Badass Brooke! We knew she'd be OK. Not that the battle is over. On ModernMom.com, Brooke blogged about how her family — her husband, David, and four children — have been dealing with the news. She ended her blog with this paragraph: 

"I've really realized that everything I'm going through, my family is going through too. I think I'm as concerned for my husband as he is for me — he's been so strong and such a rock. He's trying not to show any of his fears and concerns so that he can be strong for me. But we've had our moments and I think it's so, so important that you care for everyone in a family that's dealing with a medical crisis the same way you emotionally care for the patient themselves. Because we're all in this together."

We're all with you, Brooke!

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gmadiane
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:40 PM

glad it went well

sara_7106
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Hope she has a full recovery
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
girlw_glasses
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Wishing her well

Jessica020410
by Jessica on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Wishing her a full and fast recovery!
PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:10 AM
glad she's doing well!!
BeachMommy07
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:55 AM

wishing her continued recovery and blessings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN