Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

KATE MIDDLETON Hospital Receptionist Found Dead After Radio Prank ... Suicide Suspected

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:22 AM
  • 74 Replies

1207_kate_middleton_01
A receptionist at the hospital where Kate Middleton was treated for morning sickness this week has been found dead ... and suicide is suspected -- after she mistakenly transferred a prank radio call to Kate's hospital room.

According to law enforcement, the woman was found dead at an address near King Edward VII hospital, where she worked, around 9:30 AM this morning.

Paramedics were dispatched to the scene but were unable to revive her. Scotland Yard is treating the death as a possible suicide.

The woman was the victim of a prank by an Australian radio station, which called King Edward VII hospital on Wednesday pretending to be the Queen of England (with a terrible accent) and asking to speak to Kate.

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by Diane on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:23 AM

that is crazy

BeachMommy07
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:43 AM
9 moms liked this

Why would she kill herself over something like this? Oh the poor woman :( Idk why everyone is making such a spectacle over this pregnancy.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Wow!  How sad =(

gmadiane
by Diane on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:50 AM
3 moms liked this

I know, so she made a mistake I dont think it was that serious, very sad

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Why would she kill herself over something like this? Oh the poor woman :( Idk why everyone is making such a spectacle over this pregnancy.

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM

OMG!!!! 

jenn75
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:34 PM
3 moms liked this
Idk about over there but here if you give out confidential (anything medical related) info about a patient even to people in the patients family, or even just looking it up when it doesn't pertain to you or your dept will get you fired.
The poor woman was probably not only fired but blacklisted. Who knows what kind of hate she received from the public about this.

Quoting gmadiane:

I know, so she made a mistake I dont think it was that serious, very sad

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:04 PM
12 moms liked this
I just saw this on the news. She didn't get in trouble from the hospital, they were supportive of her, but the embarrassment of being victim of the prank is what drove her to take her life. This makes me so sad. Those DJs went too far with this prank and now they have to live with a death on their conscience. I hope it haunts them forever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessica020410
by Jessica on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Sad!
sara_7106
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM
I agree

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

I just saw this on the news. She didn't get in trouble from the hospital, they were supportive of her, but the embarrassment of being victim of the prank is what drove her to take her life. This makes me so sad. Those DJs went too far with this prank and now they have to live with a death on their conscience. I hope it haunts them forever.

godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Quoting gmadiane:

that is crazy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)