Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Ellen DeGeneres' Christmas ad makes the One Million Moms mad... again

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ellen DeGeneres is never going to make the One Million Moms happy. That should not be a surprise. But the comedian and host has again drawn the direct criticism of the conservative group, this time due to a new JC Penney Christmas ad.

The ad in question -- in which DeGeneres chats with a handful of elves and accidentally makes "short" jokes -- was apparently only offensive in that it featured Ellen DeGeneres. The One Million Moms (OMM) have called for action against JC Penney since last February, when the store chose the openly gay DeGeneres as its spokesperson.

The specific call to action on the One Million Moms website made this clear:

"Since April, JC Penney's has not aired Ellen DeGeneres in one of their commercials until now. A new JCP ad features Ellen and three elves. JCP has made their choice to offend a huge majority of their customers again. Christians must now vote with their wallets. We have contacted JC Penney's several times in the past with our concerns, and they will not listen. They have decided to ignore our complaints so we will avoid them at all costs."

Interestingly, this specific statement is no longer on the OMM website (and is instead quoted by Boston.com. An article published by The Christian Post indicates that the OMM has decided not to pursue this particular issue at length. "We're not taking action, we're moving on," One Million Moms director Monica Cole was quoted as saying. Cole also confirmed that the issue for the group was the presence of DeGeneres.

A call to boycott offensive sweaters at Old Navy, however, is still in effect on the group's website.

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:06 PM
I am so sick of that group. Can't they find something more productive to do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:34 PM

they just need to stop, I love Ellen

sara_7106
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Amen!

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

LoriAnn87
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I can't stand the one million mom they have nothing better to do and they are so judgemental. They need to get lifes but I really feel sorry for there kids because we are suppose to being teaching our kids to love one another and not to judge those who are different but these moms are teaching there kids not to love and judge those who are different. It's funny they are still trying to get the new normal off the air but they don't understand with them not liking the show the more people are watching and the more rating the show is getting.

jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:32 PM
No. Uptight women who haven't been laid in forever need longer it out somehow. ;)

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elzmnsf
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Gag. I'm gonna go to penneys tomorrow! I love Ellen, she is fantastic! Did they boycott covergirl for making her a covergirl?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KayLundy3
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:44 PM
I'm not understanding... Why are they upset? Short jokes? Seriously?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rooobeee
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Good point. No one has heard of OMM boycotting CoverGirl for making Ellen a CoverGirl. I also wonder if these moms allow their children to watch Disney's "Finding Nemo"? After all, Ellen voices a ditzy blue tang fish. And that's a *gasp* family movie!

Quoting elzmnsf:

Gag. I'm gonna go to penneys tomorrow! I love Ellen, she is fantastic! Did they boycott covergirl for making her a covergirl?

calvinsmommy18
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Who the F cares what her sexuality is???? That doesn't define her as a person. That group of moms needs to get the stick out of their ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:55 AM
These million moms, need to find a million other things to whine about. Leave Ellen alone!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)