Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Jenni Rivera Dead: Mexican-American Singer Dies In Plane Crash

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:07 AM
  • 12 Replies

Mexican-American singer Jenni Rivera died Sunday in a plane crash in Mexico that left no survivors, HuffPost Voces reports.

Minutes after taking off from the northern city of Monterrey on its way to Toluca, the plane disappeared.

"My queen, we will see each other again soon," the singer's father Pedro Rivera told reporters in Los Angeles, according to HuffPost Voces. "We thought it was a press speculation, we wanted to believe that. But it's true, my daughter is dead."

Mexico's Director of Civil Aviation Alejandro Argudín said the plane had crashed, killing everyone on board, according to El Universal.

"The aircraft was left completely destroyed," Argudín said. "The information we have is that there wasn't a single survivor."

HuffPost Voces contacted Jenni Rivera’s brother Juan, who said the plane had been missing since only a few minutes after taking off at 3:15 a.m. Sunday.

The plane "was scheduled to arrive in Toluca at four thirty in the morning, where there was no record of flight," reports El Universal. "They began the corresponding search protocol at 4:40 with the help of two helicopters and an airplane," said the statement from the Secretariat of Communications and Transportation.

Minutes before taking off, Rivera's publicist Arturo Rivera took a photo of the singer inside the plane and uploaded it to his Twitter account. The photo was later erased, though Univision's Raul de Molina of "El Gordo y La Flaca" also posted it to Twitter.

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:07 AM

very sad

marchantmom06
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:11 AM
I wonder why the photo was removed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sara_7106
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:29 AM
So sad
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Very sad! 

girlw_glasses
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM

So sad :( RIP

sweetmissy_05
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Very sad!!

JennyM87
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:56 PM

So sad. I love her music. 

jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Another one taken too soon. R.I.P.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:55 PM

It's sad to see there picture here..knowing what happened.

Jessica020410
by Jessica on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Very sad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)