Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Katherine Heigl: Adelaide’s Adoption Was “Beautifully Serendipitous”

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:40 AM
  • 16 Replies

header_179517

During a Thursday appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay LenoGrey’s Anatomy alumKatherine Heigl opened up about the “beautifully serendipitous” adoption of daughter Adelaide.

“This was fascinating because we started the adoption process again and we thought we were going to adopt internationally. It’s a pretty long process. It can take years,” she said her initial plans to find a sibling for Naleigh, 4, with husband Josh Kelley.

While the couple adopted Naleigh from Korea, they opened up their search this time around.

“And then we started exploring because we had heard that Korea had gotten very hard to adopt from, and China had a very, very long waiting list and I was like (taps wrist), any day now,” she continued

As it turns out, they found a match within the U.S. this time around.

“And so we started exploring the idea of domestic adoption – just exploring – and then my lawyer called and said, ‘There’s a birth mother and she’s due in four weeks and she’s all yours if you want her,’” the Knocked Up star said.

Katherine said the immediacy of their adoption news came as a surprise to her musician husband.

“He thought it was going to be a few years, and that we were going to end up with more of like a 9-month-old or 10-month-old, and he looked at me and said, ‘You’re telling me in a month we’re going to have a newborn?’ And I said, ‘Yes. It’s perfect timing, don’t you think? Look we’re both here, we’re not working. This is great. We can spend time with her,’” she shared.

The proud mom added: “And it has been beautifully serendipitous and graceful, because we’ve gotten to spend all this wonderful time with her.”

by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by Diane on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:40 AM

love her

Aivlys_
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't stand her, she's such a rude cow, in real life!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Cool
Jessica020410
by Jessica on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Aww! Love her!
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:10 PM

My hubby was watching this last night and told me this. 

onethentwins
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 2:08 PM

This really rubs me the wrong way. She makes the mother of her child sound like a brood mare or a breeding bitch. Horrible. I hope she has a better opinion of her daughters original mother in real life.

Quoting gmadiane:

and then my lawyer called and said, ‘There’s a birth mother and she’s due in four weeks and she’s all yours if you want her,’” the Knocked Up star said.

PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Dec. 21, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Sounds like she's quoting her lawyer to me

Quoting onethentwins:

This really rubs me the wrong way. She makes the mother of her child sound like a brood mare or a breeding bitch. Horrible. I hope she has a better opinion of her daughters original mother in real life.

Quoting gmadiane:

and then my lawyer called and said, ‘There’s a birth mother and she’s due in four weeks and she’s all yours if you want her,’” the Knocked Up star said.

onethentwins
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Yes you're right. No surprise he sees women in crisis pregnancy as cash cows.

Quoting PinkParadox:

Sounds like she's quoting her lawyer to me

Quoting onethentwins:

Quoting gmadiane:

sara_7106
by Platinum Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Sweet
janitablue
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I am happy that she is adopting and giving a child a loving home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)