Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Beyonce's Super Bowl Halftime Show Will Star Her Fans & You Could Be One of Them

beyonce super bowl billboardCan Beyonce do anything wrong? Anything -- at all -- to make her seem just a little less perfect? (Answer: No. And it's getting annoying.)

Apparently Blue Ivy's mama is such a sweetheart that she's sharing the Super Bowl halftime show spotlight with none other than 100 of her fans. Call her a diva if you will, but that doesn't sound like diva behavior to us. (Take note, J.Lo.)

Of course we probably can't give the pop star all the credit for the stunt. The always-hyped halftime show is sponsored by Pepsi, and they're the ones who said yesterday that fans will be introducing Beyonce on Feb. 3 in New Orleans.

But guess what?? We all have a shot at being one of those lucky 100 who will appear with Queen Bey!

The contest opens today and asks fans to send photos of themselves puttin' on the moves -- the usual foot-tapping, hip-gyrating moves you'd expect to do when you're on stage in front of millions of people with a superstar. And no, we're not making this up. Anyway, those pictures will be featured in a TV commercial, and 50 fans (who each get to bring a friend) will be chosen to join Beyonce at the Super Bowl. Niiiice, right?

There's a lot of excitement surrounding the choice of Beyonce as the halftime performer this year. For one thing, she's a heck of a lot younger and more sparkly than most all the recent acts they've put up there for almost a decade (sorry, Madonna, Fergie, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, and the rest of you, but it's true). That's because Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake's "accidental" "wardrobe malfunction" in '04 turned the producers into skittish wimps who made the whole thing a giant snooze-fest (apologies again).

So this whole fan involvement thing just ups the buzz about our girl's performance even more. How touching that they're giving these nobodies their 15 minutes! And will it detract from Beyonce? And won't it look weird? Or will it just be super cool and feel-good and we'll all be dabbing our eyes and shaking our heads in admiration, again, over the goddess who is Jay Z's wife?

So bravo, Super Bowl halftime show people. You finally are doing something right. We can't wait to see how it plays out. The show, not the game. Duh!

Do you watch the Super Bowl for the game, the halftime show, or the commercials?

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Replies (11-20):
LoriAnn87
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:15 PM

watch but don't watch half time show because latley it has been boring.

thingz123
by Cheryl on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Have never been into football and I am one of the only people in the universe who isn't a Beyonce fan.

johnny4ever
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:02 AM

watch for all of it

Melissa_anne
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:32 AM

the commercials is why i watch, other than that i am doing something else while the game and half time is on

mc3197433
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I might catch a commercial here and there and maybe the half time show...honestly I like any reason I can get my grub on :)

KimmyPoo
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:30 PM
I love football. Cowboys and redskins playing tonight. Can't wait. Lets go cowboys. So yes I wil be watching super bowl but not for her
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Christine9576
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:08 PM
I don't watch it..but I always support The patriots.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:12 PM

no maybe the halftime but not football. I'm a supercross girl (:

HeartStrings222
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Wouldn't miss it for anything in the world!!!! Love football!!! Beyonce..... not so much. LOL

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:04 AM

I watch the superbowl!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN