Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Rihanna tweets pot picture

Posted by   + Show Post

Rihanna has been making headlines lately for tweeting a picture of herself and her on-again, off-again boyfriend Chris Brown in bed together on New Year's and taking in a basketball game on Christmas. Now she's taking to Instagram to show off her marijuana.

The singer tweeted the above picture with the caption, "This nug look like a skull or am I just.... ?"

Comments from her followers on the post include:

• "As a responsible pop icon... You might think twice about posting something that could encourage kids to try something that is illegal for them."
  • "In Cali it's legal and that is where @badgalriri lives so she is good smoke that tree and pass it baby"

A few hours after the pot photo, Rihanna posted the picture below (blurring added), though not necessarily in response to the reactions of her commenters. What do you think? Should Rihanna be setting a better example for her fans?

rihanna-dont-give-a-fuck.jpg

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
Melissa_anne
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Thank you!  i CANNOT stand that song. 

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

I really wish someone would lock her away in a closet. Seriously, who repeats " shine like a diamond" 47x in a song, a song that's been shortened for radio no less?!

GhettoKoolAide
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
You're welcome! I actually counted it one day, lol. I wanted to stab myself in the ears with an ice pick.

Quoting Melissa_anne:

Thank you!  i CANNOT stand that song. 

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

I really wish someone would lock her away in a closet. Seriously, who repeats " shine like a diamond" 47x in a song, a song that's been shortened for radio no less?!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
msalice_21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I dont really understand why people feel that being famous your obligated to be a great role model. She is her own individual and she is free to do as she pleases.
tkp003
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I dislike her. Used to like her but now no. Going back to a man who beat the Crap out of you. Seriously she needs some MAJOR therapy. and Posting pot on your twitter ya it might be legal in Cali but in the Majority of the US its not. So keep the illegal substances to private time. (IDC if they make the crap legal throughout the US but for now its not). 

NeonMommy
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Wow.

ButterflyRose55
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:28 PM

this is sad   How can you  stand being near someone who could care less about you 

babygomez
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Nothing. Setting a good example is not her responsibility.

Christy619
by Christy on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Its not legal in CA, unless you have a medicinal card and I dont really know how I feel about the rest...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:15 AM

This....She signed up to be a singer not a role model.

Quoting msalice_21:

I dont really understand why people feel that being famous your obligated to be a great role model. She is her own individual and she is free to do as she pleases.

cookie_spice
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:37 PM

IDK care that she smokes, but if that was just a regular person we would be in jail.  I hate how some people get away with everything 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)