Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Kelly Clarkson on gay rumors: 'If I were a lesbian, I would be so in luck'

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:13 PM
  • 14 Replies

In the latest issue of Cosmopolitan, singerKelly Clarkson talks about her man Brandon Blackstock, the obsession with her weight and the rumors that she's a lesbian. 

Cosmo: There have been other crazy rumors--the lesbian thing.
Kelly: People think, "Oh, she's been single for too long." That's kind of an insult to the gay community. Being single doesn't mean you're gay. But I'm never insulted by it, obviously. I mean, I get hit on by the hottest girls ever. Oh, my god, if I were a lesbian, I would be so in luck. But it's just not my thing. I've always batted for the boys' team.

Cosmo: So how did you and Brandon get together?
Kelly
: We've known each other for years, but we didn't start talking until the Super Bowl last February. And this is the funniest/worst thing ever: One of my superhero idols is Whitney Houston, and the day she died was our first date. I was like "This is a bad omen."

Cosmo: But it turned out great.
Kelly
: Oh, yeah. Six years I was single before this. I've never been truly loved like I am right now.

Cosmo: People are obsessed with your weight loss. What's up?
Kelly
: One magazine said I lost 40 pounds--that's a small child, by the way. I lost 18 pounds. And I think that happens when you fall in love or date someone. If I'm going to be kissing or messing around, I gotta look good. There's not a fad diet. I was working with a trainer, and she said, "You'd be amazed the amount of weight you can drop by halving your portions. I know it sounds crazy, but do it for two weeks and watch what happens." I just cut back my portions, I stopped eating late at night, and I work out a little more than I used to, and I literally dropped 18 pounds in a month. I think it happens when you get really busy as well. But when I'm on my off-time--girl, those 18 might come back.

You can read the full interview here, or pick up the February issue of Cosmo.

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:32 PM

she seems nice

TexasWife
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I love her. My friend ran into her last night and she took a picture with her daughter. So awesome! I graduated a couple years after her. :)

BeachMommy07
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Since when is being Single becoming a Lesbian? Ughhhh people. Love Kelly and so happy for her.

sara_7106
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
She's very real IMO
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM

That is awesome!! 

Quoting TexasWife:

I love her. My friend ran into her last night and she took a picture with her daughter. So awesome! I graduated a couple years after her. :)

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Love her!!

thingz123
by Cheryl on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:56 PM

She just cracks me up! She's so real, so down to earth, really honest.

shadenn766
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:12 PM

i've never heard any of those rumors...anyways best of luck to you kelly...i think she's a sweet girl

Jessica020410
by Jessica on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:57 PM
That's awesome!

Quoting TexasWife:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:52 PM
You live in Burleson? I grew up in Crowley :]

Quoting TexasWife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)