Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Language in movies

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:16 PM
  • 8 Replies

Why must so many movies have such terrible language?  Believe me, I have cussed most of my adult life, especially if I am angry, but dang, I don't use in my everyday talking.    We just watched the movie 21 Jump street on netflix, and the movie was kiknda funny, but it had so much nasty language.  i lost count of how many times they said m-f___-er.   Is bad language just an easy out to get a quick laugh or shock value?  Do you or your fiends talk like those characters - using f*&% for every noun adjective and verb??

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ballerina.2006
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:20 PM
That movie specifically it was a HUGE turn off with the language especially because it started so quickly in the movie. There's another movie (can't think of the title) that was like that. It was Ryan Reynolds and Jason bateman I think (it was like 'freaky friday'). Ryan said the F word like 7 times in 30sec.

I curse so I'm no prude, but my children don't need to be subjected to it all the time or need to pick up on it in their sleep (we watch our "adult" movies after kids go to bes but we have a tiny house).

I think it's sad movies have to have such profanity and nudity in order to be accepted now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by Diane on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I agree

mommyg97
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:36 AM
I know right. I would like to see one movie where an actor doesn't get naked or cuss the whole time (a movie geared towards adults that is). It seems they fill movies with these things now for the younger generation. I think they should give them more credit than that haha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ArmyWife0927
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:42 AM
The change up....i believe is the name of it. It's a great movie but they could of left out the cussin and it would of been just as funny!

If it is a movie with alot of cussin we either turn it until the kids are in bed or not watch it at all(if it has heavy language) . Unfortunately heavy language in movies doesn't have any effect on people these days.

Quoting ballerina.2006:

That movie specifically it was a HUGE turn off with the language especially because it started so quickly in the movie. There's another movie (can't think of the title) that was like that. It was Ryan Reynolds and Jason bateman I think (it was like 'freaky friday'). Ryan said the F word like 7 times in 30sec.

I curse so I'm no prude, but my children don't need to be subjected to it all the time or need to pick up on it in their sleep (we watch our "adult" movies after kids go to bes but we have a tiny house).

I think it's sad movies have to have such profanity and nudity in order to be accepted now.
jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:37 PM
I agree. 21 jumpstreet would be 1000xs better without all that language. Dh and I went to see Tom Cruise's new movie Jack Reacher....maybe two curse words throughout the whole movie and it was a really good film.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
It's rated R for a reason.
I liked it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Quoting AleaKat:

It's rated R for a reason.
I liked it.

This-

sara_7106
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:21 PM
I don't mind it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)