Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Girls' Lena Dunham Reacts to Howard Stern Calling Her "Little Fat Chick"

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:12 PM
  • 9 Replies

Lena Dunham Admires the Barack-a-Donk

If anyone in Hollywood has a big mouth, it’s Howard Stern. And now, Us Weekly reports that he’s going after Girlswriter Lena Dunham. Apparently, Howard got his first taste of the HBO show … and he didn’t like it.

“It's a little fat girl who kinda looks like Jonah Hill and she keeps taking her clothes off and it kind of feels like rape. She seems -- it's like -- I don't want to see that. I learned that this little fat chick writes the show and directs the show and that makes sense to me because she's such a camera hog that the other characters barely are on,” Howard said.

He continued, “My opinion, if I was a producer on that, I'd say, 'Honey, you're a little too close to the project. You need to allow the other characters to breath a little and let us get invested in them.”

And Howard ended with: “Good for her. It's hard for little fat chicks to get anything going.”

Lena made an appearance on the Tonight Show on Thursday and spoke to David Letterman about Howard’s comments. “I did find out that Howard Stern really hates [Girls], which I'm a Howard Stern fan, and I believe he's earned the right to free speech and he should go for it,” Lena said.

The comedic actress followed her diplomatic comment with: “I wanna get it on my gravestone where he said, 'Congrats to her. It's so hard for little fat chicks to get anything going these days.”

Lena certainly knows how to handle a situation with both grace and humor!

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BeachMommy07
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Everyone's picking on her lately. 

FarAwayEyes
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Too bad. Girls is awesome.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I don't know anything about her or her show, but Howard Stern is an ass.  I can't stand him!

gmadiane
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I dont know her but who cares what Howard Stern says I never could stand him

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Good for her! 

mommyg97
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I love that show (the girls) and I think he (stern)  is revolting.  I don't know how anyone would care about anything he says.  Put a 16 year old guy on howard Stern's show and you would get the same reactions out of his mouth as Stern.  He is so GROSS lol

sara_7106
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Wow
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RiotPixie
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:27 AM
I just started watching the show and Lena Dunham rocks. The show is funny. Stern needs to lay off. There needs to be more bbws on television and in movies. The stigma of 'everyone has to be rail-thin to be happy and successful' is just crap.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Well I think with her 2 wins, 1 for her & 1 for her show is a nice little slap in the face to Stern! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN