Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Victor Garber Confirms He's Gay, Living With Longtime Partner Rainer Andreesen

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:07 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

Victor Garber Confirms He's Gay, Living With Longtime Partner Rainer Andreesen

by Alyssa Toomey Tue., Jan. 15, 2013 9:34 AM PST

Victor Garber, Rainer AndreesenJason Kempin/Getty Images for The American Fertility

First Jodie Foster, then Victor Garber.

On the heels of the actress' cryptic Golden Globes coming-out speech, Argo actor Victor Garber has also confirmed that he's a gay man and has been quietly living with his longtime partner, artist Rainer Andreesen, in New York, E! News confirms.

Garber first spoke of his relationship with Rainer to blogger Greg Hernandez, who pressed the Titanic actor to publicly confirm that he's gay after learning via Wikipedia that the 63-year-old star is partnered with a man.

Jim Parsons also came out as gay last year

Hernandez detailed the interaction—which took place at the TV Critics Association Press Tour in Pasadena, Calif.—on his blog, describing how he flat-out asked the former Alias star if his partnership with Rainer had ever been made public, and noted that Garber seemed surprised by the question:

"I don't really talk about it but everybody knows," Garber told Hernandez before adding, "He's going to be out here with me for the SAG Awards."

Find out how Matt Bomer came out

The handsome, happy couple have been together for 14 years.

Garber is the latest in a line of celebrities who have all come out in subtle yet straightforward ways. Matt Bomer confirmed he's gay by acknowledging his longtime partner in a speech, while Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons and GMA weatherman Sam Champion both made brief mentions of their respective partners in separate New York Times interviews.

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Edited by
on
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gmadiane
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:25 AM

good for him

Pinkjet5041
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I had no clue! Good for him :) 

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Nice

Imacakebaker
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I have no idea who he is.

monjerm01
by Monica on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Good for him!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pampire
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:08 AM

His man is a hottie and that suit is smashing!

.Bubbles.
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM
I appreciate that a lot of actors are being honest without the grand announcement that they are gay. Jim Parsons could easily have made money off some big announcement in People but instead just started talking about his life in a normal interview.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I agree :)

Quoting .Bubbles.:

I appreciate that a lot of actors are being honest without the grand announcement that they are gay. Jim Parsons could easily have made money off some big announcement in People but instead just started talking about his life in a normal interview.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)