Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Beyoncé & Jay-Z’s Posh Birthday Party For Blue

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:36 AM
  • 13 Replies

Beyonce Steps Out With Baby Blue Ivy

The fabulous life of Blue Ivy Carter!

According to The Sun, the celebrity tot celebrated her first birthday in style, with her famous parents Beyoncé and Jay-Z spending a cool $200,000 on a posh NYC party.

Reportedly, the superstar couple hosted a princess-themed party for family and friends, dropping $95,000 on the finest pink and white roses, and $2,000 on the custom made cake.

Toys and gifts for their guests racked up another $30,000 for their beautiful baby girl, who celebrated her first birthday on January 7.

But the biggest splurge of all was baby Blue’s dazzling gift — a custom made diamond-encrusted Barbie doll that cost $80,000.

And the adult guests walked away with some fabulous swag! Inside the loot bags were concert tickets and personalised gold pens with Blue Ivy and each guest’s name engraved on them.

It’s only the best for their little princess!

According to Radar Online, baby Blue has use of the most expensive suite at Brooklyn’s Barclay Center.

Reportedly, Jay-Z is spending $1 million a year for a suite that was partially turned into a nursery so that when when dad is there cheering on his beloved Nets, his daughter is being well cared for just a few feet away.

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pinkjet5041
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM
2 moms liked this

Will they ever turn this kid around? Like.. to see her face? lol

And what exactly is a diamond encrusted barbie doll... I don't get that!

sara_7106
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:21 AM
2 moms liked this
A little bit ridiculous IMO
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I tend to get a little nuts when it comes to the kids parties so if I had there kind of money I know I would go overboard .... probably not that bad tho. 

monjerm01
by Monica on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Holy cow, that's a shit load of money!
coupon_ash_back
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Quoting Pinkjet5041:

Will they ever turn this kid around? Like.. to see her face? lol

And what exactly is a diamond encrusted barbie doll... I don't get that!

I'm starting to think they are ashamed of her face lol
motherslove82
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:09 PM
2 moms liked this
A regular Barbie is not really something a one year old can enjoy, much less one covered in diamonds. I can think of a thousand reasonably priced items that she would have been far happier with. One of them being a cardboard box, lol. I would be afraid she would choke on the diamonds.
MrsNewman
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Already a year. Happy birthday.

happinessforyou
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Blue- your momma has a hidieous hairdo- and I hope the "diamond encrusted Barbie" doesn't choke the crap out of you! :(

momdays
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:29 PM

All of this.

Quoting motherslove82:

A regular Barbie is not really something a one year old can enjoy, much less one covered in diamonds. I can think of a thousand reasonably priced items that she would have been far happier with. One of them being a cardboard box, lol. I would be afraid she would choke on the diamonds.

cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Once more, they prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that some people in this world have more money than brains or common sense. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN