Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Was Selena Gomez drunk at a Golden Globes after-party? Watch the video now

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

First, Justin Bieber gets busted smoking pot, then Selena Gomez is caught (allegedly) drunk on a red carpet? Somebody lock up Taylor Swift, because it looks like all the pop stars are suddenly acting like rock stars. 

20-year-old Gomez was at the WB InStyle Golden Globes after-party with her BFFs Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Tisdale on Sunday night when she paused to do an interview on the red carpet. The usually poised actress and singer seemed a little bit out of sorts, stumbling over her words and even slurring a bit. 

Of course, this could just be some post-breakup press jitters, or cold medicine side-effects, or lightheadedness from whatever she had to do to get into that incredible metallic Versace dress.

Still, Gawker and several other blogs have noted that Gomez's praise for Jennifer Lawrence makes her sound an awful lot like that overly affectionate drunk girl at every basement party you ever attended in high school. 

"There was such incredible parts of -- of the entire show," Gomez says. "But for me, as an actress fan, like seeing Jennifer Lawrence after all she's been through, even being part of an incredible fan -- franchise -- seeing her accept the speech was incredible. It was a good moment for me. I don't even know her but I think she's so cool and I think she deserved it."

She's definitely not her usual well-spoken self. Do you think she'd had one too many?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
msalice_21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:25 PM
I dont know how she is normally..
AleaKat
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Lol I only got half way through the video and I'm gonna say she was a bit tipsy.
I e seen her Interviews before and she was very slurred through this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I think she was for sure drinking!

SnapIt
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:39 PM

iiii waaana thhhhhank eeevvvveeerryone 

yes

thank yooou

monjerm01
by Monica on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Haha it seems like it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Lol. Oh no!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicbruuu
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:58 AM
That's how she always acts. She always says stuff wrong and stumbles over her words. Even if she was drinking, she's 21. She's allowed.
kitty068
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 3:39 AM
Is she getting tired of being labeled the good girl?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)