Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Tina Turner becoming a Swiss citizen

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM
  • 6 Replies

tina-turner-swiss-citizenship.jpg

Singer Tina Turner is going to become a citizen of Switzerland, reports the AP. The rock star has lived in Kuesnacht, a suburb of Swiss capital Zurich, since the mid-1990s. A local paper posted to its website that the local council announced its decision to grant Turner citizenship. 

The official notice from the local council ran in Friday's (Jan. 25) edition of the paper, but the decision still requires formal approval from cantonal (state) and federal authorities. 

Since she's been living there for nearly 20 years, it doesn't sound like a case of Gerard Depardieu, who announced earlier this month that he is seeking to leave his home country of France because of a tax increase. He was offered Russian citizenship by Vladimir Putin.

Actress Brigitte Bardot then threatened to follow suit, but it wasn't a tax issue -- she was threatening to leave France over the euthanizing of two sick elephants.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gmadiane
by Diane on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:27 PM

interesting, she still looks great

jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM

That's cool! I think it would be interesting to live in another country but IDK about becoming a citizen. lol

sweetmissy_05
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM

That's great....I've seen photos, it's pretty there.

scarygirl101
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Swiss citizenship is harder to get than US citizenship so good for her. I loved my time there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM

did not know that! Interesting! She looks amazing!!

Quoting scarygirl101:

Swiss citizenship is harder to get than US citizenship so good for her. I loved my time there.

thingz123
by Cheryl on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:16 PM

The woman can live wherever she wants, she's earned it. Good for her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)