Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

When I first married DH, we lived at Fort Bragg. One of my friends, Kimberly, was originally from Georgia. We hung out a lot since our husbands were both in recruiting school at the time. She introduced me (musically) to this guy named Brantley Gilbert. He was a good friend of hers and she had some of his music. The very first song I ever heard him sing was G.R.I.T.S (Girls raised in the south). Little did I know that that guy would one day become famous. Man I should have asked for a copy of her CD!

Rewind a year or so before that. With my parent's divorce I suddenly gained my freedom. I could come and go as I pleased so I started attending Wednesday nights with a friend of mine, Kyle. In doing so I met a guy named Tim (oddly enough he was the last guy I dated before I married my husband who's name is also Tim). We dated for a short period but wound up being better off as friends. We still hung out, went to the same college, etc. Well one day the group we were in was going to be hosting a singer by the name of Josh Wilson. He and my ex were friends back in the day before Josh took off to try to make a music career. Today he is a very popular Christian recording artist. I did get to meet him but never had the chance to speak to him. We were all in a small area and he was swamped by his friends.

So.... anyone else "know" someone famous? ;)

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Replies (11-13):
i.love.my.life
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Lol I knew some of the twins too. I worked at the dome during high school and got to meet a bunch of them.

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Nice, another Minnesotan!

Locally? I got a hug from Kirby Puckett back in the 80's and we almost had dinner with Gary Gaetti at the Samurai after the '87 season.

I've never seen Prince(not counting the Target Center stage), or gone to Paisley Park.

Quoting i.love.my.life:

Seann William Scott

Jack Ingram

a few NHL players

a crew member for Lady Antebellum is a friends dad.

and a few other "no name" people from around the twin cities.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TCgirlatheart
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:17 AM
That sounds like the best after school job ever! I went to high school with twins who were bat/ball boys for awhile.

Quoting i.love.my.life:

Lol I knew some of the twins too. I worked at the dome during high school and got to meet a bunch of them.

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Nice, another Minnesotan!

Locally? I got a hug from Kirby Puckett back in the 80's and we almost had dinner with Gary Gaetti at the Samurai after the '87 season.

I've never seen Prince(not counting the Target Center stage), or gone to Paisley Park.

Quoting i.love.my.life:

Seann William Scott

Jack Ingram

a few NHL players

a crew member for Lady Antebellum is a friends dad.

and a few other "no name" people from around the twin cities.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyBoha
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I grew up with Thomas and Julius Jones who played in the NFL. Ive met the group Trick Pony and at a concert, Kenny Chesney touched my hand(lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN