Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Penelope Cruz is Pregnant!

Cafe MichelleP
Football, football and more football. It's the most wonderful time of the year.
Sunday at 9:09 PM
Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:13 AM
  • 14 Replies

Penelope Cruz Is Pregnant & That's Not All

Posted by Jacqueline Burt

penelope cruzBeautiful baby-on-the-way alert: Penelope Cruz is pregnant! The beautiful 38-year-old actress and her beautiful husband, actor Javier Bardem, are expecting their second child (beautiful son Leo was born in 2011). That's gonna be one heck of a beautiful family!

A beautiful extended family, actually. Because Penelope isn't the only pregnant Cruz at the moment ...

The star's 35-year-old sister Monica will welcome her first baby later this year (she announced her pregnancy via an anonymous sperm donor in January). Oh my god. Can you imagine? Those are gonna be the prettiest playdates ever!

Seriously, though, I think it's awesome that Penelope and her sister will be preggers together. I don't have a sister, but I did have a couple of friends who were pregnant at the same time as me -- one of them even had her baby the same day I had my son, in the same hospital! And let me tell you, having someone to share the ups and downs and in-betweens of pregnancy with is as good as it gets, gestationally-speaking. Sure, non-pregnant friends and family can be supportive, but it's just not the same.

Anyway, best of luck to this pregnant pair! Congratulations Penelope and Monica (and Javier and Leo)!

Have you ever been pregnant at the same time as a sister or friend?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:54 AM

My sister and I were pregnant at the same time, due 3 days apart. She had her baby two weeks early and I had my little guy two weeks late though!

jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:20 AM
My stepmom always seemed to have a kid around the same time as me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my3girls51277
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I really think there was something in the water at my job because three co-workers and myself were all pregnant at the same time - two got pregnant about 6 months prior to me and one other co-worker.  My daughter and one co-worker's daughter were born a day apart even.

mushmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I know two sisters due next month.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:29 PM

My sister and I were pregnant together and we had our babies 1 weeks apart. We are both currently pregnant again together but she is a few months behind me. Too bad she lives far away.

workoutmom2b1g
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM

In my family, it seems like my cousins and I always get pregnant at the same time! Right now 2 of them are preggers. It's so funny. Not to mention my Mom and her sisters all had babies in 1985, the yr I was born. There are 5 of us who are currently 27 :)

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Congrats to both of them! 

MrsNewman
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:02 PM

awe, congrats to her and her husband.

gmadiane
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:29 PM

That's great news! I was pregnant at the same time as my sister when I had ODS.

FrumpyMama
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Those kids are gonna be fabulous looking when they grow up.  Been preg at the same time as my best. don't have a sister.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)