Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Beyoncé Slams Surrogacy Rumors

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM
  • 6 Replies

Beyoncé opens up about her high-profile pregnancy in Life Is But a Dream, her new HBO documentary that debuts later this month. She talks about the miscarriage she and husbandJay-Z endured before the successful January 2012 birth of daughter Blue Ivy.

The popstar also shatters the ongoing speculation that she used a surrogate to carry their now 1-year-old daughter. ”To think that I would be that vain,” she says in the film. “I respect mothers and women so much. To be able to experience bringing a child into this world, if you’re lucky and fortunate enough to experience that, I would never ever take that for granted.”

“It’s the most powerful thing you can do in your life — and especially after losing a child, the pain and trauma from that just makes it mean that much more . . . A child, you don’t play around with that,” the Bootylicious singer adds of carrying a child.

Saying that her miscarriage was the “saddest thing,” becoming a mother to Blue became a profound experience for the Hollywood mom.

“My baby was born out of a conflict in my life and that struggle had to be settled. I wouldn’t have gone through the pain if I hadn’t gone down the path,” she shares. “There’s something so relieving about life taking over you like that. You’re playing a part in a much bigger show and that’s what life is, it’s the greatest show on earth . . . I felt like God was giving me a chance to assist in a miracle.”

Watch for the Grammy Award-winning singer to perform in the Super Bowl this Sunday, where she will”absolutely” sing live.

Beyonce Takes Blue Ivy For A Walk Today

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:20 PM

For some reason, I have always thought that rumor was a little silly.

Tish_Hughes
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I don't know why people care. Surrogate or not, she's that baby's mama.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:43 PM

agreed.  People are so silly!

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I'm still curious if she carried the baby or not. It's just curiousity feeds the cat.

sara_7106
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I agree.

Quoting jbyrd898:

For some reason, I have always thought that rumor was a little silly.

Jessica020410
by Jessica on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:22 PM
I agree!

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)