Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Guy Fieri "Threw a Fit" After Being Rejected From VIP Super Bowl Party

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:53 PM
  • 8 Replies

BY JUSTIN RAVITZ

Guy's big tantrum! Guy Fieri was among the many celebrities big and small who descended upon New Orleans for Super Bowl weekend, where movie, TV and music stars feted football's biggest game with one bash after another.

But not all the celebrations were awesome for the 45-year-old Food Network star -- notable for his bleach-blond, spiked hair and goatee, not to mention an infamous November 2012 New York Times review of his NYC restaurant Guy's American Kitchen and Bar.

On Saturday evening (Feb. 2), Fieri headed to a bash at Second Line Studios in the party-friendly Louisiana city, a source tells Us Weekly. "He couldn't get into VIP," the insider says. "He threw a fit and was kicked out!"

Continues the source of Fieri: "He caused a total scene." Why was the TV star denied entrance into the VIP area in the first place? "He didn't have the right bracelet, and nobody in New Orleans knows who anyone is," the source explains.

In the New York Times' food critic Pete Wells' scathing, widely quoted pan of Fieri's Times Square restaurant, the personality was slammed for his so-called "donkey sauce," a margarita that "glows like nuclear waste," cold french fries, clueless servers, and "Awesome Pretzel Chicken Tenders" that "taste like chewy air."

Photo Credit: Ray Tamarra/Getty Images

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gmadiane
by Diane on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM

oh no, I like him

Pinkjet5041
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I can see him doing this... just seems like he would lose his cool very quickly.

lydi
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM

i still like him even if he has "hissy fits" once in awhile.

BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:11 PM

His hair annoys the crap out of me!

cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I seriously doubt it's as bad as the "source" is making it out to be. He doesn't seem to have a tendency to be that way, but I guess I could be wrong.

AviannasMama
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I've heard SO many times that he's the BIGGEST asshole. People that have Restaraunts that Diners, Drive ins, and Dives has visited, people that have worked for him, etc. I used to really be a fan of his. Never liked a single thing he cooked but personality wise. Guess not anymore!
mushmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:27 PM
I can totally see him being that way. The owner of a restaurant he did here said he was a jerk but I think that chef came off as a jerk on the show.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM

After all, we are only hearing one side of the story the "source's" side. And we all know how "reliable" "sources" are....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)