Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Kim Kardashian Fans Outraged Over Gun Photo

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

Kim Kardashian Fans Outraged Over Gun Photo

By Jennifer Abbey

Feb 5, 2013 1:05pm

Kim Kardashian is facing backlash from her fans over a photo she posted of a gun just weeks after pledging to stop gun violence.

The reality star posted a photo to Instagram last weekend of a diamond-encrusted gun. She quickly deleted the photo, but British tabloid The Sun and other outlets picked up the photo.

@KimKardashian You have too much influence to be this blind and ignorant. Innocent children & people still die even if the gun is pretty,” one of her followers tweeted back at her.

@kimkardashian seriously. When everyone is debating gun control, this is what you post – as if it’s just a fun accessory?” another tweeted.

Kardashian’s publicist did not immediately respond to questions about the photo. But some of her fans came to her defense.

“Kim Kardashian posted a pic of a gun on Instagram & now everyone is all pissed off. I forgot the 2nd amendment didn’t count for celebs,” one fan tweeted.

ht kim kardashian gun range jef 130205 wblog Kim Kardashian Fans Outraged Over Gun Photo

(@KimKardashian/Twitter)

On Jan. 14, one month after the horrific elementary school shooting in Newtown, Conn., Kardashian vowed to help reduce gun violence.

“Today, people in Newtown are making the #sandyhookpromise to reduce gun violence. Sign the pledge with me athttp://www.sandyhookpromise.org ,” she tweeted.

But Kardashian has displayed her appreciation for using  before. In November, she shared a photo on Instagram of her shooting a gun with the caption “Bang bang.” Last June, she posted a photo of a gun designed by YSL with the same caption.

ht kim kardashin gun jef 130205 wblog Kim Kardashian Fans Outraged Over Gun Photo

(@KimKardashian/Twitter)

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gmadiane
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I have no comment on this one

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Isnt she at a shooting range? How is that not supporting a pledge to stop gun violence?

MrsNewman
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:17 PM
2 moms liked this

She isn't doing anything wrong, it isn't the gun that kills people, its the person behind the gun.

jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM

This is all sorts of stupid.

sara_7106
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I totally agree

Quoting MrsNewman:

She isn't doing anything wrong, it isn't the gun that kills people, its the person behind the gun.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)