Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Chris Brown lied? Rihanna assault community service was faked, says DA

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:45 PM
  • 7 Replies

By Molly Chance

The district attorney in Los Angeles has filed a motion that claims Chris Brown is a big, fat liar and likely never completed the community service ordered by the court as punishment for his 2009 Grammy Eve assault on Rihanna.

As part of a plea deal that gave Brown five years probation for allegedly choking, biting, and repeatedly punching his then girlfriend with a closed fist, he was required to perform six months of "labor-oriented" service and participate in domestic violence counseling for one year.

Brown had the community service transferred to Virginia, where he has a residence, and his attorney told the court he completed the 1,400 required service hours. But according to a report by the Los Angeles Times, the DA says he's a faker and there is "no credible, competent or verifiable evidence that Defendant Brown performed his community labor."

Prosecutors note "significant discrepancies" in Brown's labor report and say no one from Virginia's Department of Corrections "ever approved, scheduled, supervised, monitored, or verified any of the community labor reported."  

The legal motion requests that the LA judge refuse to accept Brown's community service. In that case, he would be forced to repeat -- or perform for the first time, depending on who you believe -- the required labor, or face jail time.

Since his sentencing, Brown has proven his remorse and changed ways by throwing a chair through a window on the "Today" show set, reportedly snatching a phone from a female fan, attacking a female writer with misogynistic Twitter rants, and allegedly punching Drake at a nightclub and assaulting Frank Ocean at a recording studio. 

As for Rihanna, she recently revealed to Rolling Stone, she is definitely seeing Chris again, but explains things between them are different this time around. "We don't have those types of arguments anymore," she says. "We value each other." She adds that Chris "doesn't have the luxury of f***ing up again." 

Wonder what she'll have to say about his latest courtroom drama then.

Photo/Video credit: Getty Images
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:01 PM
I hope it's true. I hope he gets locked up. I don't care for Rihanna at all, but an abuser needs time in jail to think... And maybe a good beating himself. Most prisons offer anger management classes... He isn't going to do it on his own, so being forcibly put in one would be a good thing. Sorry, but if she stays with him, it's Whitney Houston situation all over again. Beatings and drugs ending in an overdose. She's not going to leave him voluntarily ....., we know this because she took him back in the first place!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Wow

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:51 AM

ugh

msalice_21
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Ba ha. Yeah. Hes changed.
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I hope he gets in trouble!!

MrsNewman
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I heard this on the radio this morning. If its true, they better lock his butt up! I don't care who he is, he shouldn't be able to do this!!!

chrismom0306
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I hope he gets locked up. I'm not a fan of him at all and Rihanna irks me. They both annoy me and I think she's stupid to be with him again. Jmho. I've been in a violent relationship before and if hardly ever changes. He deserves to be locked up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN