Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Backstreet Boys get the tell-all documentary treatment

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:28 PM
  • 8 Replies

Backstreet's back, alright!

The mega-popular '90s boy band, which is now celebrating its 20th (!) anniversary, has announced that it will be the focus of a new tell-all documentary.

And, lucky for die-hard Backstreet Boys fans, that's on top of the eighth studio album and tour that's in the works.

The documentary, which will be directed by Stephen Kijak and produced by Pulse Films (which co-produced the Katy Perry documentary Part of Me 3D), will detail the group's journey from child stars to multi-platinum artists. It's expected to be finished this fall.

Kijak tells The Hollywood Reporter that he has gotten the blessing of all five of the Backstreet Boys' original members for the project. "What drew me to this project is their openness and willingness to push themselves into uncomfortable places, to be vulnerable and honest," he said.

"We always wanted to make a film and now is the ideal time. With Kevin back, the fact that we are masters of our own destiny, a new album in the works and our 20th anniversary — it all adds up to being the right time to share our story," the group said in a statement.

In August, Kevin Richardson rejoined the Backstreet Boys after his departure in 2006,reuniting with bandmates A.J. McLean, Nick Carter, Howie Dorough and Brian Littrell for a performance on Good Morning America.

Need even more '90s nostalgia? The New Kids on the Block/98 Degrees/ Boyz II Men tour kicks off on May 31.

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gmadiane
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

my oldest dd just loved them

jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:17 PM

20 years?! Man do I feel old!

MamaBear2cubs
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:16 PM

LOVE them lol!!!!

sara_7106
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Interesting
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Geez I feel old.

I want NSYNC to do a tell-all too :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Right on!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:27 AM
I love them!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM
They just added a stop on thier tour & DH said I could go!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)