Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Son wants to be on Disney... But there is a catch

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:43 AM
  • 6 Replies
My step son is 7. His father and I have been raising him since he was 2 when his mother decides to leave and "better her life". She moved states away. Never pays child support. Calls once a week and has seen him a total of 4 times in the past 5 years. Needless to say, mother of the year. Put all that aside..... Our son wants to be on Disney xd. While his father had physical custody of him. They both have 50/50. Now if he somehow becomes famous and is on tv. Would be have to share his earnings with her. His mother. When in fact it was me who signed him up. Took him to auditions and shoots and me loosing time on my job so that our son can fulfill his dreams? Help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JLCrunch
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Yes. Legal she could attempt to claim rights over her child. If I were in your situation I'd talk to your husband about seeking full custody, parental rights and decisions over the child.

gmadiane
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I have no idea but good luck to your son

jltplk25
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

This. Relatives ALWAYS come out of the woodwork when someone becomes well known. GL!

Quoting JLCrunch:

Yes. Legal she could attempt to claim rights over her child. If I were in your situation I'd talk to your husband about seeking full custody, parental rights and decisions over the child.

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.

marchantmom06
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Umm you should draw up a legal document that states that none of you can touch his money. And it be held in a trust until he is 18.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sara_7106
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:06 PM
This sounds like a good idea

Quoting marchantmom06:

Umm you should draw up a legal document that states that none of you can touch his money. And it be held in a trust until he is 18.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I also agree!

Quoting sara_7106:

This sounds like a good idea

Quoting marchantmom06:

juggling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN