Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Buck wild!

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:28 PM
  • 15 Replies
What a train wreck of a show. I think MTV was thinking this would be similar to honey boo boo, but this show is causing these kids more harm then good! One of the girls in the show just got arrested last week (during a raid) and was being held on drug possession charges (she had a bunch of pills and heroin too)! And then one of the guys just got charged with a DUI. I hope they cancel that show ASAP. All it teaches kids is you should get drunk, do stupid crap, and hook up with each other. Give me a break MTV. Go back to playing music and let tlc have the stupid shows that make no sense lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsNewman
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I like the show. I don't think its MTV that made her sell drugs, or him drink. They would be doing that either way. 

mommyg97
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:46 PM
To each their own. I do not think it is All MTVs fault but I do not feel she would have the money to support that type of lifestyle if she was not being paid by MTV. None of them would be able to afford much in my opinion. If you don't mind me asking, what do you like about that show?

Quoting MrsNewman:

I like the show. I don't think its MTV that made her sell drugs, or him drink. They would be doing that either way. 

gmadiane
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I havent seen it

mommyg97
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't! Lol I watched it once, I felt like my brain needed to be bleached lol

Quoting gmadiane:

I havent seen it

pbjtime87
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:18 PM
You can tell that girl was just "too down" to not be on some kind of narcotic... Especially in that one clip where she tells her dad "I stole about 1k from you guys" pretty much only one reason a person would steal that much....

As for the show as a whole, it's pretty much jersey shore with pasty white kids with yellow teeth
MrsNewman
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:25 PM

She got busted for selling drugs, not buying them. I doubt they were paid a whole lot of money for it being their first season anyways. Plus she was hardly even shown. I don't know what i like about it. It was just interesting, and different.

Quoting mommyg97:

To each their own. I do not think it is All MTVs fault but I do not feel she would have the money to support that type of lifestyle if she was not being paid by MTV. None of them would be able to afford much in my opinion. If you don't mind me asking, what do you like about that show?

Quoting MrsNewman:

MrsNewman
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting pbjtime87:

You can tell that girl was just "too down" to not be on some kind of narcotic... Especially in that one clip where she tells her dad "I stole about 1k from you guys" pretty much only one reason a person would steal that much....

As for the show as a whole, it's pretty much jersey shore with pasty white kids with yellow teeth

lol at your last sentence! 

nikki554
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I live in West Virginia, and I can honestly saw we are not like that TV show depicts. It is just one group that is negatively representing the state. Although I do think that attendance to WVU will begin to rise again with the way they show the parties in Morgantown. 

BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Quoting nikki554:

I live in West Virginia, and I can honestly saw we are not like that TV show depicts. It is just one group that is negatively representing the state. Although I do think that attendance to WVU will begin to rise again with the way they show the parties in Morgantown. 

Amen. My x is from Bellwood, and I used to shop at Walmart in Beckley and have x BIL in Charleston...WV is not like that show at all. Yes, 4wheelin, yes muddin' but come one..those girls are trashy

Steph1499
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I like the show but I got news for ya.  They were doing this stuff before MTV came along.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN